“Jewel in PGH”
Review of Casbah

Casbah
Reserve with OpenTable
Casbah is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 2,427 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: USD 31 - USD 40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Shadyside
Cross street: Alder Street
Reviewed 22 December 2016

Great food, great service, though the room can get a bit loud (especially near the bar). Nice cocktail list and good wine by the glass. We had the gnudi (excellent), scallops (outstanding) tuna tartare (good) and the octopus (also good). For an entree, had the duck and it was also outstanding. FREE valet parking in an area where it's hard to find a spot, esp. at dinner time.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Never disappointing. Our favorite of the Big Burrito group of restaurants in the Burg. (2nd and third choice are Umi & Soba. Both terrific also.)
Wonderful scallops. Always good service. We prefer the outside (covered) patio when
crowded because not quite as noisy as inside. Also downstairs is cozy and quiet.

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

Next time we are in Pittsburgh we will return. Our server was a good guide, and the cocktails were a great start. Don't miss the pork chop or the lamb shanks. One of our party had salmon, and another has the halibut. Halibut came out overdone, and the replacement was nearly raw. The friendliness and genuine concern of the staff overcame any frustration. Worth a second chance.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

I've been going to Casbah a few times a year since it opened. I've eaten there twice in the last two weeks and have been disappointed on both occasions. On the first occasion, I had a leg of lamb which was underseasoned and a slightly peculiar chemical-like taste in some portions of the lamb. On the second occasion, I had the pork chop dish. It too was somewhat underseasoned and the meat was on the tough side. I'll be certain to try the pasta or fish entrees on my next visit, but there's no reason why the meat shouldn't be a good choice too.

1  Thank MainLaw
Reviewed 12 November 2016

As a Northern NJ food snob, I was extremely surprised to find out that Pittsburgh is a great up and coming restaurant city. We had reservations for a Thursday night at Casbah. It was packed and a little chaotic, and I understand why. The food was special. Every course we had was cooked to perfection.