“Told this would be Good!”
Review of Pamela's Diner

Pamela's Diner
Ranked #5 of 2,301 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Advised by a friend here at home that we had to try Pam's - especially the hotcakes. My friend went into deep details on the crispy, warm hotcakes and how amazing they were. She was right. It was a great breakfast. GO EARLY!!! Very long waits. BRING CASH TOO! No cc or interac.

1  Thank DomesticDiva_8

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

GO EARLY TO AVOID THE LINE!
This spot is super popular in Pittsburgh and if you don't show up early, you're waiting. My boyfriend and I got there around 10am. You have to squeeze our way in to put your name on the waiting list...luckily someone told us that or else we would have just stood there forever!
If you're a group of 2 (like we were), the wait shouldn't be too bad. I think we waited around 20 minutes.
Also it's cash only!! Actually makes it faster for the waiters.
We each had the breakfast that comes with 2 eggs, bacon, sausage or ham, and hotcakes (we upgraded to speciality hotcakes); plus we ordered a side.of the Pittsburgh hash.
It was a crazy amount of food. We could have split one order of the eggs bacon and hotcakes and a side of the hash...but it was all AMAZING! Best breakfast I've ever had. The hotcakes are huge (there was 2 of them) and amazing. I also highly recommend the Pittsburgh hash!
All of that came to about $30 total- I'd say that's reasonable for all that food!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The atmosphere of Pamela's Diner was really fun with old photos covering the walls and retro furniture. The service was very quick and friendly. The food was also very good - a classic diner meal!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Nice place, noisy , quick and busy....still pancake are great and very affordable.Service is good and fast.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Went to Pamela’s for lunch. Grilled cheese sandwich was worse than grade school. Greek chicken salad was burnt. BLT sandwich was terrible and the fruit cup was pineapple and two grapes. We couldn’t finish any of these they were so bad. $38 for that lunch. Never again.