“Authentic Thai Food on the way to the Airport.”

Papaya Thai Cuisine & Sushi Bar
Ranked #257 of 2,426 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Zip 15275 412 494 3366 Phone
Description: Zip 15275 412 494 3366 Phone
Reviewed 8 July 2016

We asked the clerk in Macy's if she knew a good restaurant, not a chain, not to far from there ( Robinson Township Mall). She recommended this one and a customer also piped up to say she liked it, too.
Their recommendations were excellent. I had Tom-Yum Soup with Shrimp -- best I have had outside of Thailand I also had an Avocado Salad. My husband had General Tso's Fish, a Chinese dish. They had many interesting dishes to choose from and making a choice was difficult.
We will definitely go there when flying in and out of Pittsburgh because this little restaurant gem is so convenient to the airport. They also have sushi.
We each had a glass of wine and had a wonderful, reasonably priced meal with great service as well.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

This place is a bit of a drive from where I stay but it is well worth the visit! The Mango Curry Chicken is gluten-free and WONDERFUL! I made many trips for this meal!

Reviewed 19 May 2016

I admit it. I am a sissy where spicy food is concerned. When asked how much spice I want on a 0-10 scale, I usually ask for -2. When I have dined at Papaya (a pleasant strip mall restaurant), they have been a treat to work with - no looks of shock or pity, just friendly servers who actually brought me my dish as un-spicy as requested. The food is delicious with or without the heat.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

A friend raved about Papaya to me and when I was in the area Saturday (April 30) evening I stopped in for dinner. The service was slow - even after I told my waiter we had to be out in an hour and 15 minutes, The restaurant has a bit of the chain style decor but our waiter said it was the only one of its kind. The menu is all over the place with Thai, Chinese and sushi (Japanese) offerings.and I wish I would focus more, in light of the disappointing meal I had.
I started with a seaweed salad - tasty and chilled although the underlying bed of lettuce was warm and unadorned by any salad dressing or sauce. Even a bit of olive oil would have been better than the dry lettuce that came with the dish.
My companions seafood medley down Thai style got adequate reviews from him. My Duck meat Pho (soup) however was tasteless and bland and the duck slices seemed to have been cooked days before and sat around in the frig a little too long. They was a bit past their prime. Over all, we both felt the restaurant was overprice for what we got. Sorry friend - Papaya did not live up to your great praise. There is a full bar and a menu of some ineresting cocktails. There's also wine and sake.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

We go for the lunch specials. I like the curry chicken & hubby gets General Tso's Chicken. We love the fact you can choose the spice level. We both like General Tso's at a 6 but the red curry chicken I take at a 5 (I think the curry heats it up a bit). Then we get the 2 roll special (the one with the shrimp). I love the soup! Hubby just gets rolls since he isn't a fan of soup. We were introduced to Papaya by my daughter who works at a local business and was thrilled to introduce us to her new favorite eating spot. My husband told a co-worker about them. The co-worker raves about this spot. My absolute favorite thing is the pot of ginger tea I get with my meal. delicious! The staff is wonderfully friendly (and even welcomes us back).