“Great family restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Adjacent to University of Pittsburgh
Reviewed 3 August 2018

My family and I have been to The Porch at Schenley numerous times. Recently we were there on a Sunday evening; we were a party of 9 including 3 kids under the age of 7. The restaurant was particularly busy as they had a party of 100 people. The wait for a table was close to an hour, 20 minutes longer than we had been told. Apparently a lot of groups were lingering after their checks had arrived. Once we sat down our server was great. She appreciated our long wait and she did her best to get our food orders in before the orders of the big party. She also get the kids meals out in a big hurry, which was really appreciated by their parents. Even though the kitchen was a madhouse, our food was out in a timely manner and as good as always. I commend the staff for "stepping up." Oh, and they even comped our beers!! We will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I had an arugula salad with mussels, I liked them both. My kids had burgers and our friends pizza. We all enjoyed the food a lot. Hen we played in lean next to the restaurant. It was a great night out.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Great outdoor spot to enjoy Pitt campus and Schenley Park...and the food's pretty good too. I highly recommend the fried zucchini and the salads. Since we were having a light lunch we didn't try any of the entrees, but everything looked delicious.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Great location, great food, great wait staff, great experience! My daughter's pizza was delish and so was my chicken over risotto. We will definitely go back when in town!

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and i enjoyed a lovely lunch in the outside seating area. Great environment! Food was good quality. Service was very nice and down to earth friendly. We will be back!