“Seriously impressive and worth the effort to walk through”

Cathedral of Learning
Ranked #8 of 185 things to do in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 13 November 2017

You see this tower when flying in or when driving around. We stopped and went in. It is very impressive and the folks inside were very helpful explaining what it is and why it is there.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I went on a tour of this building and its many nationality rooms. The tour guide was awesome-- a history major who knew everything about everything. I felt like I was in Europe while on the tour. I regret not looking into this school when I was younger. What a beautiful campus.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The heritage rooms were very interesting, but just took time for the free ones due to time limits. I think I was there many years ago, but the memory was vague. I would go back to see more. It is hard to imagine having a class in many of the rooms.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Head up to the 36th floor for a spectacular view at sunset. If you are lucky, a glimpse of the board room on the 40th floor is something special.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We came to see the Cathedral of Learning because it was Slovak day there. Food, cloths, music, dancing, Christmas ornaments , cut glass, food, and more food, cookies, nut rolls, straw dolls, and just so much more. We were just in the real Slovakia this past Summer and we saw more here to buy than there. Tried to picture my mom making some of the food, now theirs was good, but you know .....no one could cook like your own mother. Went to see some of the nationally rooms there. I do remember going as a teenager there to spend the day, but for all there is to see in this one building you have got to be young and eager to walk and walk. A lot always going on there. My brother in law graduated from Pitt so he was our personal guide. It’s marvelous on the outside as well as on the inside.