“Yum!”

Thai Foon
Ranked #381 of 2,305 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I have driven by this place 100 times, and I honestly thought they had closed. I don't know if they have tinted windows on the front or what, but I just didn't know they were still open.

I took a client for lunch and he suggested this place. I was really glad that he did. I got the Thai Curry Fried Rice that comes with shrimp and chicken and it was delicious.

Service was friendly, albeit a tad slow. We each ordered our food on the spicy side and we had to stop a guy bussing table to ask for some more water. A full water glass is essential at a Thai restaurant, so a slight ding there for me.

Food came out pretty quick, and as I said, was delicious. The one thing you need to be careful of when ordering here is they do their heat scale on 1-5 not the usual 1-10 scale of every other Thai place I've been to. So if you're normally a "6", you are a "3" at Thai Foon.

I will go back for that Thai Curry Fried Rice again, no doubt.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

A large group of us went before a concert. I had the Pad Thai it was excellent! The only issue it took forever to get our food and some didn't we were nearly late for the concert.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Met a friend here for dinner. The restaurant only had two other parties (and lots of open tables) when we arrived. For some reason we were seated next to the servers station and the fountain drinks machine (and apparently the area where all the waitresses congregate). When we had questions about some of the items on the menu, our server described the difference between two dishes as "one has an orange-colored sauce, and one has a brown colored sauce"....really??? ...that was helpful.

The food selections were OK, but somewhat bland, and could have used a little more spice and heat.

The overall experience could have been better...and the general upkeep of the booths (that have ripped and worn cushions), and walls (that could use some drywall patch and paint) could present a better image of care and appearance.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Best Thai food in Robinson, probably the only Thai restaurant in Robinson. The food here is consistently good and the service is always good as well. They have cute circular booths which are fun to sit in. Lots of spicy options and a kids menu too. The Hawaiian fried rice is a delicious option from the same old fried rice.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I came in town from Northern VA to have dinner with some friends. I was surprised with the restaurant as soon as we walked in. I wasn't sure if this was a Thai verson of Panda Express or a actual sit down restaurant. Once the hostest sat us down the menu was very average, I ordered spicy chicken fried rice. I like to order simple items, if you can get that right then I have faith in you for the next time. Unfortunately they brought me combination fried rice, since my wife placed the order I won't blame the waitresses. However I asked her to please bring me what I wanted spicy. A little while later she did, unfortunately it wasn't spicy and was very bland. The food lacked seasoning and required a lot of doctoring up. I will say the service was very good however the food wasn't even close. Just as an fyi I did pay for both orders of fried rice, since I didn't place the order. I couldn't be sure if we ordered the wrong item.

Been to Thai Foon? Share your experiences!