All reviews stained glass windows the main hotel fresh fruit and pastries original woodwork gas fireplace complimentary continental breakfast carnegie mellon grand staircase hard boiled eggs stayed for two nights no elevator fifth avenue breakfast sandwich room was large would stay here again third floor historic building
Reviewed 25 August 2017

The hotel stay was great! Even though the restaurant was lacking I really enjoyed my room and shower! The old manor house of a long dead lawyer converted to a hotel has that old world charm. A romanticized past, but it works for me. The bed was comfy and the robe a soft dream blanket with sleeves. Wi-Fi was great and worked fast. I really liked this place and would most definitely stay again. Front desk staff friendly and helpful... almost forgot to mention them...

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank JamesA546
Reviewed 18 August 2017

My husband and I stayed here after our wedding and loved everything about the mansion. The staff were very accommodating when we told them we would be coming in pretty late after our reception. When we arrived the gentleman at the front desk helped my husband carry our gifts to our room. The robes were wonderfully soft, the water pressure in the shower was amazing, and the bed was very comfortable. The next morning we had a fantastic breakfast before heading off on our honeymoon. We absolutely loved this hotel and will be returning in the future!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Allison O
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel on Mansions row in college area. We stayed in the annex but had a delicious breakfast in main mansion. I have never had such fresh fruit and pastries. The hash browns were unbelievable. Our room was decorated in mansion style and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Plan on going back

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We visited Pittsburgh in June to see U2 perform at Heinz Field. We decide to stay for a few days to explore the rest of the town. Staying at Mansions on Fifth added to our Pittsburgh experience tenfold. The place is magnificent; filled with beauty and history. The staff was there to please. And, I have to mention, the breakfast doughnuts!!! If we're ever in Pittsburgh again, we know where well stay!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna T
Reviewed 28 July 2017

The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was complete with wonderful big tub, and hot water, nice towels, and generally just fine. The continental breakfast was not very appetizing. I have stayed at many B&Bs which offer much better food than this. The house itself was just marvelous. The staff at the reception desk could not have been nicer. I spent a few minutes playing the beautiful piano.

Room Tip: We stayed in the smaller of the 2 houses - it was very clean, comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family