“Terrible is an underestimation”
Review of El Campesino

El Campesino
Ranked #1,284 of 2,209 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Food was skimpy and salty. Prices are extremely high for what you get. They even charge chips refills, seriously? Service was so-so. They brought no water for my children. They screwed up the bill. The only positive side they have a large menu. We love mexican food but this restaurant does not even meet standards of your typical mexican restaurant. Sorry I wish I could say better things, it was just an overall disappointing experience.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

This was the worst Mexican food I have had in years. It is quite expensive as well. Save your money, go to Taco Bell.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We came here to join in the Cinco De Mayo celebration. Although seated immediately, it took 15 minutes to get a beer after the server had taken the order. Although there was not a lengthy wait for our food order, it was so-so (asi asi) at best. The nachos supreme ($10.25) were not as expected. Piled with lettuce and guacamole and two tomato slices on top, it was more like a taco salad than ‘traditional’ nachos. The fajitas ($16.00) were not sizzling hot and the soft shells were inadequately small. I believed the prices to be comparatively high for Mexican fare. If not for the frozen strawberry margarita (Med $9.50) , which was excellent, I would have walked away very disappointed.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Wonderful Food. Casual dining and a small area to eat outdoors. Very expensive menu with lots of little twists. All the food was freshly prepared and the biggest treat of the evening was the frozen margaritas. Best I have ever had.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

We both had beef Enchiladas with Mexican rice and refried beans and the meal was delicious. We would recommend this location.