“Amazing!”

Ranked #10 of 11 Pittsburgh B&B and Inns
Trenton, New Jersey
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I had to come into Pittsburgh for an interview and Shawn (the overseer) was accomodating, charming, friendly, and flexible. He let me check in early, he gave me a tour, shared the history of the property with me, and made sure I had everything that I needed. Chukky Okobi's home is absolutely GORGEOUS - you can tell that he and his staff have put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into the house and the grounds. I was put up in the King room (#2) and just the sheer size of the bed is enough to make you fall in love. There's a huge walk in closet, a cute 1930s bathroom, and a giant bedroom at your leisure. It was quiet at night, and I had the fabulous privilege of meeting Scott who oversees the property at night (he's very good company). The breakfast was TO DIE FOR, I ordered the fancy french toast and my eggs were perfect. It's the perfect spot for a wedding, a weekend away, or just to relax. The house is very old, so treat it the way you would a precious antique - with love and care. I seriously cannot wait to come back here! I really like the staff and how safe it is.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
twinsburg, ohio
Reviewed 13 March 2012

The mansion is very interesting, lots of character. This place could be top notch with the right care from the owner- who does not live there. We had prime service from Scott and the other employees, they go out of their way to please you. Most of the trouble areas are issues that an owner would need to address. For instance many of the window treatments need to be replaced or updated. The whole mansion needs some "fluffing" It is almost stark inside, was somewhat cold, a bit bleak. No offense to anyone in charge of decorating, but this place needs some serious help in the main living areas- the bedrooms were pretty nice- our bath was as big as some apartments. For what we paid per night we could have stayed at a very swanky hotel, so that is why I only rate this average. At this price point this place should be way more polished.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank pauliepalmz
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stone mansion with wood inside, stained glass, staircase going around a big foyer. This building is beautiful. It has five bedrooms with private baths, and a hot breakfast is made to order. Comfortable beds, and a great view across the city (until the leaves fill in). Parking onsite behind a locked gate. Weddings are held here, and I can see why. Highly recommend, if the price tag doesn't bother you.

Room Tip: 1 & 2 are up one flight of stairs; 3, 4, & 5 are up two flights, but the climb is easy. We...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank orangerook
Exton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 January 2012

As an alternative to chain hotels, my wife & I now stay at B&Bs. The Mansion House has been the best B&B thus far. The house and room were amazing. Our arrival was very personal as Whitney took the time to chat and explain the house to us. The breakfast the next morning, prepared by Chef Winston, was out of this world. The French Toast came highly recommended and defintely did not disappoint. Chef Winston has been the most personable out of anyone we met in all our B&B stays. Our converstations with him were only surpassed by his food.

I definitely recommend a stay at the Mansion House and we will surely be back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matt H
Virginia
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed at the Mansion for three nights over the Thanksgiving holiday! Chef Winston took great care of us at breakfast, but we never saw our hosts. Very comfortable bed and beautiful view out of our window. This is an elegant old mansion and we enjoyed our stay. The rooms were cool for great sleeping but a bit cool for sitting around to watch tv.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family