All reviews market square live jazz floor to ceiling windows pnc park lobby bar health club beautiful hotel room service heinz hall rooms are spacious self park heart of downtown baseball stadium the location is perfect checking in view of the river warhol museum
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend. We were in town for a Penguin's game. The hotel is as advertised. Avery luxurious experience at a price not far other "lesser" hotels in the downtown core. The location is tremendous. We walked to all three sporting venues and the casino within half an hour. The hotel is also located across from market square which is filled with many restaurants and shops. The area around the hotel seemed quite safe at night. We were out late both nights and had no issues. The staff were fantastic. The older gentleman working in the front lobby was very helpful, and quite entertaining. Overall we thought that the hotel was of good value for the services received.

Room tip: Higher Floors provide excellent cityscape and river views.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FairmontPittsburgh, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Paul,
Thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, including our convenient location as well as safety and our staff. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team. We hope you come and see us again soon as we look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pittsburgh!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 November 2018

We stayed at the Fairmont this past Saturday, November 3rd. Check-in time was listed as 3pm. We arrived at 3pm, and was told that our room would be ready shortly so we dropped our luggage and went for a walk around the area. Came back at 3:45pm and was again told that our room was not available "due to a large group that did not leave until late". I made them aware that my wife and I had a meeting at 6pm and needed to get into the room to get ready, and they assured me that the room will be ready shortly and to come back in a half hour. Came back at 4:30pm, and the room was still not ready. We sat in the lobby for the next hour until our room was ready at 5:30pm. I ended up having to push back our meeting, and then missed our dinner reservations later that evening. I have stayed at a lot of hotels in my life, and was told before that my room was being cleaned and would be ready shortly, but it was at most a 15-20 minute delay before getting into my room. I have never had to wait 2.5 hours past check-in time. For a $300/night room, I'd expect better service. I'd recommend you'd look elsewhere if you're looking to check into your room on time.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Matt,
We're very sorry to hear this. I've passed along your comments to our team, including our Director of Housekeeping. If you'd like to discuss the situation further, please do give us a call at 412-773-8800. Our management team is happy to hear from you as your experience is most important to us.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 November 2018

I enjoyed my stay at Fairmont Pittsburgh! If I ever travel to Pittsburgh again, I will book it again! The room was very clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and accommodating, the location is great!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Hello!
This is wonderful to hear. Thank you for sharing! I will be sure to pass along to the team. Please come back soon as we look forward to welcoming you!

Reviewed 2 November 2018

In 2018, I cannot believe that there is still a supposedly high end hotel--or any for that matter--that actually charges its occupants for using WiFi/Internet--$16/night here.For the "Fairmont" standard, not there--1) peeling wallpaper in the bathroom 2) *not soft* towels 3) queen bed = eh, not the best.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Hi Mark,
I've passed along your feedback to our team, including our Director of Housekeeping, which I'm very sorry to hear. WiFi is complimentary with a quick signup of loyalty program, Le Club AccorHotels. We do hope you'll return as we look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pittsburgh.

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

I live in Pittsburgh and stayed here for New Year’s Eve to watch the festivities. This hotel is very upscale and nice you come into the lobby and see and beautiful high ceiling. The restraunt was very good. Now for the most important part the room. It was very clean and spacious no cleanliness issues as it is a luxurious hotel. The bathroom was awesome it had a walk in shower and a separate bathtub which I thought was a nice touch the view was very nice. One complaint is breakfast room service was a little slow but over all a very nice hotel.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
FairmontPittsburgh, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Hi Addison,

Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us! I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team. We hope you'll stay with us again soon over the holidays as we look forward to welcoming you back to Fairmont Pittsburgh!