“Great hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Charleston, West Virginia
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed one night while in town for my daughters gymnastics meet. We had a double queen room, the beds are AWESOME. Nobody wanted to get up. The views of downtown are fantastic too, we were on the 17th floor which is one of the lower ones. the room had a nice pair of bushnell binoculars that the kids (and me) enjoyed to take in the views.. The bathroom is very spacious (with robes of course) with top shelf toiletries. Lobby bar looked fun but we'll have to try that next time without the kids. Overall great hotel, our stay was too short but we'll be back. I rated the pool a 5 but I'm not sure they have one, we didn't have time anyway.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Fairmont on a whim as we were attending a Pirate game with a late night concert to follow. I called the morning of the game and secured a king room at what I thought was a fair rate. When we arrived at the hotel we were offered an upgrade to a suite for only $90 more-it was worth every penny! The suite was amazing! It was a corner suite which overlooked the ballpark. The room was spacious with a large living room area with a sectional sofa, a dining table and well accomodated mini bar. There was also a guest bathroom in the living room. The bedroom and bath area were well sized, well lit and comfortable. The bath was luxuriously appointed with marble, plush towels and fabulously rich toiletries. The room is everything you would expect of a five star hotel and more. There is actually a telescope in the room that allows the guest to enjoy the beauty of the city and even gain a close of view of the players warming up for the game. This is a special hotel and the best part is it is a green hotel dedicated fully to that cause.

The hotel overall is flawless. The lobby decor is a perfect balance of modern and warm, not an easy task. The hotel staff amazingly remembers you and calls you by name at every opportunity. That is a wow factor for me. The location is perfect allowing the guest to walk across the bridge to PNC Park or across the street to the newly refurbished Market Square. The lobby bar serves terrific drinks and each bartender has a signature cocktail which is such a personal touch for a large urban hotel. The restaurant was enjoyable with delicious food, but the menu is somewhat limited in my opinion perhaps as a result of the hotel's effort to be a truly green establishment. We also had roomservice for breakfast the next day and not a single complaint to be made there. From start to finish I felt like a pampered guest and I plan to return to the Fairmont every chance I get.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank RMG66
FairmontPittsburgh, Manager at Fairmont Pittsburgh, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As baseball season approaches, please in mind that we offer a great Pirates package that includes tickets to a game, overnight accommodations in a PNC Park-view room and more. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the near future!

Jon Mathews, Director of Operations
Monthey, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Wow! I dont know where to start about this place, but, to be short, if you stay in Pittsburgh, You NEED to stay at this Fairmont.

It's a brand new Fairmont Hotel, and like I said before, I dont know where to start.

Everyone was so helpful, the doorman, the front staff, the concierge did an AMAZING JOB, and the staff from the Restaurant was soooooo Friendly! It's hard to explain, but they know how to work! Really, like, everyone is working together, I did a surprise to my fiancee, and everything was so smooth.

We had the most beautiful room we can imagine (the name was Tropical (not sure) House) was a really nice suite, with everything we can dream in.

Really, I just have no words to describe how amazing my (one night only) stay was!

You will love it!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexandre M
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We decided on a last minute road trip to Pittsburgh and settled on the Farimont because of the reviews on tripadvisor. I can easily say, we were defininely not disappointed. The hotel is centrally located to many downtown activities, parking was a breeze (we opted for the $6 self parking option), and the staff was friendly. The room was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. It was a very nice room, however we were a little suprised to see it showing some wear - the comforter was a little torn, there was a small stain on the carpet and some scuff marks on the wall - nothing major, but still suprising given it's young age. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay and will return to the Fairmont Pittsburgh next time we are in town.

Room Tip: Rooms start on the 14th floor, so street noise shouldn't be a problem.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WanderinArlingtonian
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My wife and I stayed one night for a date night in town. The experience far exceeded my expectations. From the moment you arrive, you are treated like a king. The staff is helpful, courteous and professional.

The bed may have been the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Andy's in the lobby is energetic and bustling all night long.

I cannot recommend spending the nite here enough- even if you live in a suburb or Pittsburgh and want to do a night out in town. I usually stay at Hilton when I travel, but the Fairmont brand has won me over.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your recent visit to Fairmont Pittsburgh and your experience in Andys. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back for your next date night in the city!

Kind regards,