“Excellent Pierogi and Very Good Haluszki”
Review of S&D Polish Deli

S&D Polish Deli
Ranked #34 of 2,301 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: USD 6 - USD 14
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Strip District
Reviewed 26 July 2017

The potato and cheese pierogi were delicious....fried to perfection. The Pittsburgh style haluszki was a bit on the soggy side but the taste was very good. This is definitely a place to go if you like authentic Polish food.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Was on a bus tour of the Pittsburgh area and went the the strip area. Had a best friend whose grandmother came from poland. I was lucky enough to eat at her home several times. I hadn't eaten polish food in years an while walking around, my wife and I decided to eat at S&D Polish Deli. It's a deli with maybe 30 seats tightly packed to the rear of the deli. You get your own beverages from the cooler and order thru a service window through the kitchen wall. They call out your number. The portions of our order were large and the price was small. The large bowl of haluszki and stuff cabbage with tomato sauce were very good.Total for both of us eating and 2 bottled beverages and tax was less than $14. Nothing fancy but the food was very good and low price with good portions. If in the area and hungry for polish, I will definitely stop again.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Amazing Polish food and deli items. We ordered the pierogi sampler platter and it was so amazingly good. The amount of unique grocery items is great! I could spend all day in here between eating and shopping! Since we're from out of town, we took advantage of their frozen items to bring home for family to enjoy. They are also able to ship all across the country. We will be back!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

They have a deli and many shelves of yummy looking items. They also have a little window were you can order hot food. I wish I'd known about this place earlier in our trip and I would have had lunch there. They don't have much seating so it was hard to navigate with my kiddos.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

I've been to this Polish store a few times. I have never eaten in the store but bought their homemade Kielbassa and pierogis to take home - all very good. Also, last Christmas I received a gift basket from the store and it was filled with all kind of Polish goodies which I really enjoyed. If you're in the Strip District and enjoy Polish food, stop in.