All reviews national aviary old mansion hard boiled eggs commons park across the street b bs lovely porch expanded continental dressing room within walking distance bed and breakfast breakfast is served mini suite yogurt make your own waffles pittsburgh's north shore the king size bed
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Every bit as good as we remembered. We stayed in the Red Room this time: it does not suffer from its relatively all size. Karl and Jeff accommodated a (very!) early check in. Waffles at breakfast a welcome surprise. We love the Inn!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2017

My husband and I were in Pittsburgh for a U2 concert and wanted accommodations within walking distance to the Heinz Stadium. The Inn on Mexican War Streets was perfect in every way. First of all, the location is perfect for walking to nearby restaurants and even to the downtown. We love walking so the less than one mile walk to downtown and local stadiums was not a big deal for us. Secondly, the restored inn is a gem: it's clean, comfortable and carefully decorated in a wonderful, almost over the top manner. Our room was large and quiet, the king size bed was comfortable and we felt at home. Breakfast was served in a wonderful setting and included fresh muffins, hard boiled eggs and make your own waffles. Third, and probably as important, the hosts, Carl and Jeff could not have been more accommodating and helpful. They love the inn and the area and that loved showed. Also, amazingly, there is free on street parking as well as parking in back of the inn. The only minor issue was the lack of a newer flat screen TV as our TV was really a throwback to the past. That being said, we could not possibly give this in less than a 5***** rating. WiFi was free and reliable.

Room tip: Maybe ask for a room near the back; although our room on the street was quiet.
Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank Irish_Harry
Reviewed 8 June 2017

We had a wonderful stay. Jeff was very gracious and helpful with directions and tips for things to do and see. We stayed in Mr. Boggs' room, and were delighted with the decor and accommodations. The view of the park was spectacular, and the front porch was very comfortable for late night drinks and chatting. They did a wonderful job restoring this beautiful old mansion. If I had one suggestion, perhaps putting a fan in the room since it was a little warm, but the a/c kicked in eventually and we forgot about it. Comfy bed, and atmosphere. I hope to come back.

Room tip: Mr. Boggs' room has a park view, but the grounds are lovely as well
Reviewed 25 May 2017

My son and I stayed in this lovely historic inn for one night when we traveled to Pittsburgh for a concert. The room we stayed was very large and beautifully decorated. The bathroom and dressing room, too, were quite roomy. The innkeeper, Karl, was very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast in the morning provided just about anything you would want, and there were freshly baked chocolate chip cookies at night. It was so quiet that I've never stayed in a hotel that quiet. The only reason that I gave this place 4 instead of 5 stars (and it almost broke my heart to do that), was that the beds were quite hard. I loved my experience at this inn, except for the hard bed. If that were to be changed, the place would be perfect.

Room tip: Emma's suite is where we stayed. It's a corner room with two queen beds, and very, very quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Pittsburgh is a wonderful city. We stayed at the Inn on the Mexican War streets. Our room was gorgeous, clean, quiet. Close to the National Aviary, a park, a street with great restaurants, bus station. We enjoyed every moment.

1  Thank Mabelle222