“Nice Hotel Convenient to Pitt and Oakland Neighborhoods”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center
Ranked #13 of 73 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 10 August 2017

My wife and I traveled to Pittsburgh to meet up with family and attend a ball game. We were a late arrival, and Ashley welcomed us with probably the most pleasant arrival experience we've had in a while. The staff at this hotel is really great, personable, friendly, always asking how we were and ready to accommodate any reasonable requests.

The hotel and grounds are really well kept, neat and clean and frankly like new. The rooms are well appointed with nice furniture and a comfortable bed that featured nice linens. I noticed that we were provided with both feather and hypo-allergenic pillows, as well. The bathroom was also like new with a comfortable shower and everything worked just fine. AC was a wall unit with electronic thermostat controls that also worked really well.

The dining area is a bit cramped and crowded, so we past up breakfast all 3 days we were there. Fortunately, Pamela's P & G Diner is just down the street, so no problem!

They also have a very responsive and accommodating shuttle service.

All in all, we had a great stay at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone needing to stay in the Oakland area of Pittsburgh.

Room Tip: Elevator is actually on the side of the building and not within the building's "core"...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
thomas j, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh University/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

FORTraveler,
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your positive experience is our greatest reward. Our team truly does strive to exceed all our guests’ expectations. We have one of the best staffs around in the area and I would not trade anyone of them because they are the reason we can give such excellent service.Ashley is a hard working team member and someone who is invaluable to our hotel. She gives a level of professionalism and service that is hard to find for the overnight shift. We invite you to come back the next time you are in the area! If you need any future reservations please reach out to me directly as I would love to personal make your reservation for you. Have a great day.

(412) 681-1000

Write a ReviewReviews (1,028)

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The Hampton is has a terrific warm breakfast! It added a lot of value to our stay with 3 teenagers. They have great pillows and comfortable beds. The location is convenient to South side, downtown, University of Pittsburgh, Duquesne and Carnegie Mellon University.

Pam-FromPhilly!
Thank you for all the nice comments you left about your stay at the hotel! Our location is amazing and something I love to offer to my guest, it makes the stress of traveling more bearable to deal with being so close to major city. Our breakfast is amazing and something that makes the morning so much better staying here at the hotel. Also if you need any future reservations please reach out to me directly as I would love to personal make your reservation for you.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I was very happy overall with the experience staying at this hotel. The room was very clean, the bed was soft, the room was quiet and everything seemed to work okay. The staff were all very friendly and professional. The location is great - just steps away from the University of Pittsburgh and only a short drive to the ballpark. The complimentary breakfast was excellent as well, along with the complimentary newspapers. Overall, it made all the difference for our trip - turning it into a real vacation. Thanks!

MichaelsN5293JR,
Thank you for your time giving us a good review on trip advisor! Our location is one of the best advantages we have to offer to our guest who stay here and I am thrilled you enjoy it as much as we value it. Thank you for all the nice comments for our staff, I will pass your compliments along to our team, and I know that they will appreciate it. Also if you need any future reservations please reach out to me directly as I would love to personal make your reservation for you.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My mom and I stayed here while my brother was in the hospital nearby. We really needed a good night's sleep and that' was exactly what we got here! The room was clean and we could tell it was recently renovated. We both liked the decor and felt that we got a lot of value out of our stay. The front desk staff were very nice and welcoming. Overall, a bright spot in an otherwise stressful week.

Brianna S,
I am glad to hear we were able to be a place of comfort during your time in the hospital. Our staff is amazing, They embraces the culture we have here and we as a team strive every day to exceed all of our guests expectations and I very happy to hear this was achieved during your stay. I am glad to hear with everything going on we were the bright spot on a hard week for your family. Also if you need any future reservations please reach out to me directly as I would love to personal make your reservation for you.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Very nice room, good bang for the buck. Comfortable bed, very clean room, great complimentary breakfast and pleasant helpful staff. There was a problem with internet connection but that was rectified as soon as we informed the front desk staff with a complimentary upgrade that immediately fixed the problem. Altogether excellent stay

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Crystal D,
Thank you very much for your time in filling out this survey, we truly value our guest's feedback. good bang for the buck. Comfortable bed, very clean room, great complimentary breakfast and pleasant helpful staff. These comments are what we strive for when every guest stays here at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here. Also if you need any future reservations please reach out to me directly as I would love to personal make your reservation for you.