“Food was great service so so”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,471 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Reviewed 13 February 2019 via mobile

The steak and shrimp along the ambience of the restaurant were great... The service well so-so they were friendly and accommodating but the food took forever to come to the table recommend if you are not in any hurry

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed 25 January 2019

My husband and I both give accolades to Eddie V's, as the food and service surpassed our expectations. From the moment we arrived, we were warmly welcomed and made to feel like regulars. We enjoyed the jazz as we waited for our table. We were fortunate to have Casey as our server ~ what a delight! She really made our dining experience special. We also were quite lucky to visit during restaurant week. The crab and corn chowder was divine, as was the filet, which was perfectly cooked. And the truffle mashed potatoes were incredible! I recommend the bananas foster for dessert. Incredible! Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 16 January 2019

The food was very good , a bit pricey but quality costs. I had surf and turf and it was cooked right. The service was good to.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 15 January 2019 via mobile

Only stopped in for drinks this time but wished we had stayed for dinner! Great service, great atmosphere, GREAT MARTINI’s!!! I’m not big on steak houses but this one is just amazing! Can’t say I’ve had a bad night here and if they make a mistake they are so friendly and go over and above to fix it! Love it!

Reviewed 8 January 2019 via mobile

First I will say the space is oddly chopped up into a bar and restaurant with multi level stairs. If you cannot take stairs you enter through a side entrance by the valet parking. Do not enter from Grant St.
second. It is nicely appointed and loud but not too bad that you cannot talk. They do have private dining space available. And I understand that local sports stars dine here.
The food is very good and the portions are larger than most steak houses. The seafood tower was delicious and would have been enough for dinner for the 11 people in our group. But we did not stop there. Everyone had entrées from steaks and scallops to see bass. They were all excellent. I was disappointed by their signature crab fried rice. It tasted like rice with soy sauce and some crab meat. But the sea bass was great and the scallops were pretty good.
The service was very attentive without being overbearing. It felt like there was a lot of wasted food and they did not seem like they usually get requests to box leftovers. But I took mine anyway and enjoyed the next day.