“The BEST Thai food!!!”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2017

A recent visit to the Valley Forge, Pennsylvania area prompted a dinnertime visit to Thai Place (700 Nutt Road, Phoenixville Plaza Suite #730, Phoenixville, PA 19460). The restaurant was easy to locate in a strip mall and offered ample parking. The spotless dining room was decorated in a creative array of Thai craftmanship, consisting of pottery, woodwork and paintings.

Having eaten at many Thai restaurants (one of my favorite styles of food), I thought this would be just another healthy and tasty Asian meal. Little did I know, it would turn out to be the BEST Thai food experience I have ever had.

An aficionado of Southeast Asian salads, I placed my standard order of the Beef, Papaya and Shrimp Salads. The Yum Nua Yang (beef salad) was composed of thinly-sliced-and-grilled beef, red onion, lemon, cilantro, roast-grounded rice and Thai sauce on a bed of lettuce. The Som Tum (papaya salad) was a delicious concoction of green papaya, tomatoes, string beans and peanuts infused with Thai sauce. The The Plah Goong (shrimp salad) was made with shrimp which had been cooked in chili paste, lemon, onion, scallion and Thai sauce then laid on a bed of lettuce.

The flavors were exquisite, the ingredients were fresh, the portions were generous and the cost was very affordable. All of this contribute to my strongest recommendation for this gem of a culinary delight!

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Steve L

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

I ordered takeout from this restaurant and was pleased with my order. I got the Todd Mun Chicken appetizer - deep fried ground chicken patty with a blended in curry paste. I also ordered the Kanom Bueng entree which is a Asian style crepe stuffed with shrimp, bean sprouts, carrots, and coconut. Both are served with a cucumber sauce. The cucumber sauce is a little deceiving because I was expecting more of a yogurt base sauce with dill (kind of like tzatziki), but that wasn't the case. Their cucumber sauce is just a cucumber salad in a sweet vinaigrette style dressing. Overall, this place is pretty good and I would order again.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 26 March 2017

We really like this place and try to visit at least once a year (it's kind of far)
Very good
Reasonable prices

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Fresh, fragrant Thai food. Always busy, lovely, friendly staff. Good portions of food. Prices reasonable for food quality and quantity. Only downside is that it is located in a strip Mall, which lacks atmosphere and feels very suburban and dull.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 23 December 2016

We started of with a number of different appetizers, Spring Rolls that were delightfully crispy, a very tasty chicken satay, our first time trying Meing cum which we loved and a nicely spicy Yum Nua Yang salad. All were excellent. For our mains we had Panang Curry and P. P Seafood. Wonderful sauces and good size portions that made for a very nice night out.

Date of visit: December 2016