“Would go back”

Sips Bistro and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sips Bistro and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 116 Restaurants in Phoenixville
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Church St.
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Visited because we purchased a Groupon. We were greeted pleasantly. Our waitress Mary was a joy. We ordered the mussels as an appetizer. We did not care too much for the sauce. I ordered the veal. It was very tasty. Overall, we had a very pleasant experience. We would return again.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

This is a great restaurant in Phoenixville.

The service is fantastic. The bartenders, hostess and servers were unbelievably attentive and polite. Plates always cleared, water refilled, requests promptly fulfilled.

The big old rambling house is decorated well and gives it a personal and welcoming feel that other new or more sterile restaurants have going on.

They have a good cocktail list. I highly recommend the Sips Margarita made with blood orange puree. The steak frites was okay. The NY strip itself was good to requested temperature but did not seem the best quality. The sauce it was served with was delicious. The Brussel sprout app was amazing. My husband loved his short rib grilled cheese. Nice selection of both sandwiches and entrees.

When you combine a good atmosphere with great service and fairly great food, then you have a restaurant I plan to return to again. I would pick here over most of the other restaurants in Phoenixville borough if you are looking for a mid-range to higher end but not fine-dining meal.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We ate with a group of friends in August 2017. Beautiful spot under the tress on the patio on a warm evening. The wine selection is quite good with many mid-range options. The food was excellent in some cases (see: roasted brussels sprouts) or a bit blah (see: mussels). Overall a beautiful spot if you can sit outside on the patio on a nice afternoon/evening for drinks and some bistro style food.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I bought a Groupon for Sips since it was a local restaurant in town and was not disappointed. I enjoyed happy hour prices at the bar before dinner and had great service. Dinner was yummy too. I ordered the fried goat cheese salad and it was fantastic. I would absolutely recommend this as a start. For dinner, I had the crab cake with asparagus. Prices were reasonable and the dinning area is cozy and quaint. It is a cool spot for a date.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Giving a five star review is not easy.

It is only given after a superior experience.

Sips deserves this five-star.

A fantastic menu that has hardly anything poor-tasting, paired with an excellent outdoor seating area makes Sips the premier dining option in the area. An excellent meal includes an appetizer portion of the mussels (bread as dipping), a meal of the wild boar ragout, and one of their signature desserts.

My only grievance: they removed the bread pudding from the menu.