“Best Mexican Food Hands Down!!”
Review of El Burrito

El Burrito
Ranked #18 of 117 Restaurants in Phoenixville
Price range: USD 2 - USD 16
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have never been so emphatic about a review before. I can not say enough good things about this restaurant. I go here frequently with colleagues (1-2x week). The place is never full, quick service and the freshest food you can get. They make everything from scratch right in front of you. I’ve had the burrito, burrito bowl, tostadas, tortas, quesadilla, avocado salad, and guacamole and they have all been excellent. It’s authentic Mexican. I’ve eaten at Mexican places before and there is absolutely no comparison. The guacamole is made fresh right in front of you which is good because other places have it premade and bring it out brown. Everything is customizable so if you don’t want tomatoes in your guacamole ask for it. It’s cash only but they do have an ATM. This place is great for ”to go” orders as well.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Let me preface this review by saying that I am a Swede...a Swede who is as serious as a heart attack about good Mexican food. That being said, El Burrito delivers. This is a very kitschy restaurant...very kind of old school traditional interior...and I LOVE IT! I lived in Phoenix (and now CA) for a long time, so I know what's straight up, no frills good, and those restaurant that try to mimic Chi Chi's. The menu is extensive, but there is definitely something for everyone. The food is very, very good! The portions are huge. It's a BYOB, so that's awesome as well! The service is awesome! What more could you want? Love the Mexican music as the soundtrack to dinner, but I'm going to say, I would rather hear the Selena Pandora station...not gonna lie ;)

Reviewed 29 November 2017

There are a lot of places to eat in Phoenixville but none better than the humble El Burrito. Inexpensive, with good quality and tasty food its is worth the stop

The Bean Burrito is my fav and although it comes with fries..i always get the rice. They have fountain soft drinks but I get the imported bottle of Mexican Coke for the same reason i get the rice and n0t the fries.

The have pretty much anything you want and will make it how you like it. I do not get the sour cream on my Burritos and it is never a problem and always done correctly. Waitresses are attentive and the food comes out quickly. this place could be a good find on Bridge Street

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Went with the family and it wasn't busy for a Sunday. It's BYOB so bring your Margarita's. The food was good and the service was good. It was cash only, So leave your credit card at home.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Unassuming little place on Bridge Street in Phoenixville. Metered street or lot parking was plentiful today. Not a fancy restaurant, very casual, maybe a dozen tables, but seems like they do a brisk takeout business in addition to their table service. Hispanic decor on the walls (lots of folk art Mexican suns) authentic music playing (perhaps a couple decibels too loud). Went for dinner on Memorial Day, kind of a dead restaurant day I think as we were the only patrons for a while.

Out with four people. 3 of us ordered burritos (chicken, marinated pork and ground beef) served with sweet potato or regular fries. Really good, tasty, filling. Pleasantly surprised. One in our party order the steak fajitas, and, that also looked great, well prepared, all the appropriate condiments. Beverages are served in a giant glass mug, probably 24 or 32 ounces. Iced tea was really good, and, they also offered an interesting watermelon drink that was enjoyed by the person that ordered it. Server was pleasant and efficient, I thought the prices were pretty reasonable for value received. Why not five stars? A few minor flaws...

1. Any kind of extra asked for was accompanied by a charge. Need more chips? That will be a charge. A side of sour cream? 50 cents, please. Drink refill? We'll have to charge you for another drink. I guess this is ok, the server clearly communicated the charges to us, just not used to paying for that type of stuff.
2. We weren't in a rush, but, service seemed kind of slow, especially since we were the only diners in the restaurant for a good portion of the time.
3. While the food was delicious, with the exception of the sizzling fajitas, I felt like the food could have been a little hotter, especially the fries.

Overall, this was a very positive experience and I'd go back in a heartbeat. Great little local place, far superior to the chain Mexican restaurants, in my humble opinion.