“Expected More”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 23
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Had dinner here recently. I must say that I was disappointed. For an appetizer I ordered a short rib flatbread, with gruyere cheese. The flatbread was more like regular bread, and the cheese overwhelmed any hint of meat that was buried under it. For main course, I had the Cod wrapped in bacon. Bacon was burned and chewy, and the small piece of Cod inside was completely tasteless or tasted purely of bacon. Served over an overly large portion of mashed potatoes with a side of sauted, slivered veggies. Everything about this meal was unremarkable to me. At $24, a big disappointment. And all during the meal, I waited several times for my glass to be refilled. I have eaten here in the past and had better experiences. The atmosphere here is really great. I hope they can step it up a notch or two.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

So rarely do you find a restaurant that combines ambiance and service and selection and quality all of such high standing. These places never seem to last, I don't know why. Go there now and go there often. An old house converted into a pleasant, quiet spot in Phoenixville. The Chef has successfully created a selection of fine cuisine, artfully crafted and presented. Too few places reach this level of quality.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Waitress was attentive; portions larger than I expected; food was good--had salmon dish; having dreams of still eating the creme brulee.....would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Good food and service at this quaint Phoenixville restaurant. We had no problems during our dinner with 7 people. We had a nice private room and the dinner went smoothly.

Food was good but not great. Service was fine - nothing outstanding but nothing negative either.

There is ample parking here in a lot, which is very convenient.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Our meal for 30 + people at Becca's was an unpleasant experience for many of us and an embarrassing one for me as I had recommended this restaurant. There were so many varied problems that it's hard to believe!

My advice to all considering this dining spot: don't!

If you do go...

DON'T:

1. expect your servers to be well trained or professional.
2. expect that there will be enough servers to handle your party if it is a larger one.
3. expect to be served water without having to ask for it. I had to get up and help to get glasses and water to our tables
4. expect that you will actually get what you ordered - it may go to someone else at the table.
5. expect the portions to be equally sized - they were noticeably different!!
6. expect a speedy replacement of your meal once it has been given to someone else. You may have to take it home as the others will be finished eating their dinner.
7. expect the server or the owner to be truthful with you.
8. bother to ask to speak to the chef/owner - your server will tell you that he is not there. He will later tell you that, of course, he was there. Bottom line: no one saw him despite a request that he appear the night of our dinner.
9. bother to call afterward and expect to have your call returned
10. expect the chef/owner to admit that he ever heard about or received your phone message even though they did get all messages I left when planning the gathering
11. don't expect that the chef /owner will take your call when you do reach a person on the other end of the phone - he'll be busy.
12. don't expect the chef/owner to be courteous or concerned about the issues you had when dining in his establishment when you do speak.
13. expect him to offer much of anything - his reluctant apology followed an angry, aggressive denial of the facts and an attack on me and members of my party for upsetting his servers.
14. expect him to stop screaming at you when he does call you back the first time you ask him to cease yelling. It took a few requests for him to do that.
14. don't expect that the owner chef will offer you any sort of compensation to entice you to come back.

4  Thank Lynne F