USD 152
Staybridge.com
USD 228
USD 184
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 207/night.

USD 95
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Very awkward experience. Very strange characters lurking around the motel, the bathroom was absolutely filthy and filled with rust and anyone can break through the door. It was basically a bedroom door lock with a chain that anyone can break open. They say you get what you pay for, that is an understatement with this place! The town is very nice but this motel makes the Bates Motel look like the Hilton! Only positive was good cable TV but not worth putting yourself in danger. Very strange staff, especially the maintenance crew. Certainly not a family oriented place. Next time I'll pay the extra money and stay at a reputable place. I am FAR from a snob but this was not safe!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vmalone1990
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel used to be pleasant. We have stayed here since 2008.
Today we have determined never again, We tried to check in at 1pm because of a very busy schedule. It was going to be $25 extra. So we checked in at 9pm. The front desk person appears to have another irreputable job. Not at all profesional and very ill prepared to help. It looks like the hotel would rent by the hour. Dirty. Smoky. Old rooms. Just not a good place. It would be obvious that either the owner has changed or someone has dropped the ball on training the employees.
Sad experience truly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank debbyseler
Reviewed 3 December 2016

We stayed here over Thanksgiving while visiting my son's family. It is a nice little hotel with a friendly staff. Rooms are average but the place is clean. A little frayed around the edges but overall very nice for the price.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2016

Don't let your children on the floor. It is filthy. I started out with clean slippers and in a few days they turned black with dirt from the room's carpet. Desk clerks leave the housekeeping door open at night and they're using regular size household washer & dryer to do the worn out sheets and towels. Everything in there is dirty.

Two weeks ago I stepped into the tub and the bath mat (rubber with worn out suction) slipped and I fell into the side of the tub, bruising my calf badly.

I don't care how many guests they have, it should be imperative that the rooms are clean and safe. They are neither. None of them. "Remodeling" does no good if linens and towels are worn out and they're still using bath mats from 10 years ago. But do ask for a remodeled room with a newer mattress. It's a slight improvement, but the carpet is still filthy.

Some refrigerators are a decent hotel size, others are tiny (ask for a bigger one). Microwaves are small. Towels and wash cloths are rags. Sheets & pillow cases are worn. If you're stuck here, for whatever reason, bring your own linens and towels.

The only thing I can say that's positive is that the newer mattresses are fairly comfortable, the water is hot, and the staff is generally friendly. Big rooms and big windows are nice, but cleaning the windows would be even nice.

I see why the carpets are so dirty--housekeeping is using a vacuum no bigger than a broom vac. There is no way it can clean deep down. Spots in the hall carpet are for the same reason--tiny little scrubber. They need to hire a professional steam carpet cleaner to deep clean the hallway and rooms. Then invest in a decent vacuum to keep it all clean (professional kind or at least something like a Kirby they cleans deep down).

Replacing towels and sheets could be done for less than $500. Half that when the motel is less than half full. There is just no excuse for this awful place. Take five rooms and make them clean and outstanding with new linens and towels. That would serve most of their clientele since so few come here.

There is internet access, but it's pretty shoddy & slow. You can't successfully watch a video on it.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly remodeled room with a newer mattress. Bring cleaning products to clean handles, knobs, bathroom, and light switches.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2016

My family stayed at the French Creek Inn for the second time this weekend. We were there for five days in May and had a good, affordable experience then so we stayed again to visit family in town.

This otherwise quiet, affordable hotel is made unacceptable because we will not trust housekeeping here.

My wife and toddlers new dress shoes went missing and the motel did not reimburse us. The housekeeper said the shoes were never there when she got into the room. I remember specifically how I arranged the shoes in the bag, how I tied it, and exactly where I put it in the room before we left the room Saturday. The staff searched the trash and found no shoes and I searched everywhere in our room and car and did not find them. The other guests (mostly construction workers) would have had a small window of time to get into our highly visible room (closest room to the front entrance) and take only the little girls shoes.

The hotel manager was not answering her phone so we could solve the problem and she did not delegate someone to solve customer problems over the holiday weekend. Other than having someone search the trash and try to contact the manager, the front desk staff just gave us blank stares and gave the benefit of the doubt to the housekeeper, not the customer. What hotel does not give the customer the benefit of the doubt?

If it's going to cost me an extra 20 bucks a night, I would rather pay the extra price to stay somewhere nice than have my little girls shoes stolen.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family