“Really good.”
Review of Mizu Asian Bistro

Mizu Asian Bistro
Ranked #36 of 119 Restaurants in Phoenixville
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I've been hearing good things about Mizu so we decided to check it out. My husband loves sushi and I will not go near it. (I'm sorry, tuna was created by the devil! I couldn't imagine eating it raw!) We liked the fact that there was a very wide variety so we could both find something we wanted.

We started with appetizers - which of course were shared. The calamari appetizer was amazing - some of the best we've ever had. It was light, crispy and not at all greasy. The dumplings were also really good.

My husband said his sushi was delicious. I had the beef with pan fried noodles. The noodles were a little crunchier than I was expecting - but I'm sure this was just my taste. Everything was very well cooked and beautifully presented - including an edible flower. The food is very fresh.

The restaurant was essentially empty when we were there so, of course, the service was impeccable. We will definitely try this again.

1  Thank sheilabK659US

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

It’s Tuesday evening and Tony’s in the mood for Chinese and were in Pottstown at his brothers house. So we ask if they know of a good restaurant close. They told us to go to Mizu. The restaurant is very nice, great atmosphere. We ordered hot tea, which was made with fresh herbs. It was very mild and good. We ordered appetizers, the Shrimp tempura and fried Veggies. It was good but could of had more then 2 shrimp for the price. We ordered our main course , I had shrimp fried rice with crab meat, it was excellent and Tony had a beef chicken and shrimp with pan fried noodles, he liked it but didn’t realize what fried noodles were. All in all it was a good dinner the portions were good and the price was reasonable. I really liked the decor too. I will definitely go back and recommend it to others.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

They have nice sushi and sashimi. I love it also they are behind Wawa gas station in oaks shopping center.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We move quite a bit- and it is always difficult to find good restaurants. Mizu is the real deal- their food is fresh- seafood is always amazing- the sushi is 5 stars. It is also the best tofu I have EVER had. Everything is made fresh to order - this place is amazing.

1  Thank Nancy1092
Reviewed 14 March 2018

We tried this new place for lunch and enjoyed the whole experience. It is located behind the Wawa in Oaks, and is not impressive from outside. There is lots of free parking in front.

When we arrived near 1 pm on a weekday, there were just a couple of customers, so we were not sure we'd chosen wisely. However, it turned out that they just opened recently so probably haven't been discovered - because once they are, there will most likely be a wait for tables!!

The decor is spare and elegant, with glass aquarium type windows, though there are no fish, just bubbles. The placemats and napkins were lovely as was the tea pot and cup. There is a generous menu of Japanese, Thai and Chines items, including sushi.

We sampled the lunch specials for $6.99, including soup and salad. Tea (they only have green tea) is $2.

I tried the Pad Thai with chicken and asked for seaweed salad - for an extra $3! The salad was generous, though I was not used to having tomatoes and various lettuce leaves included. It tasted perfect and was decorated with an orchid (said to be edible!). The Pad Thai was a bit disappointing, not what I'm used to at Thai restaurants. It was good, just not great. But I will be back to try some of the other options - especially the Mongolian Beef for dinner.

One friend tried the curry, which she loved! It was the Thai Coconut curry flavored just right. Her soup was the won ton and came with the noodles snacks which I find to be greasy in most restaurants but which here were wonderful.

The other friend had the sauteed green beans with chicken and brown rice. She totally enjoyed it and insisted we come back soon! Her soup was her usual sweet and sour and she says it was perfect!

There are a few desserts but the lunch portions were so generous that none of us had room to try them. Another reason to come back again!

1  Thank kay036