“BYOB and delicious Thai food”
Review of Thai L'Elephant

Thai L'Elephant
Ranked #6 of 116 Restaurants in Phoenixville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We came here for dinner on a Friday night and brought a nice bottle of Pinot to have with our meal. We had the appetizer platter (tulip rolls were outstanding) and I had massaman beef curry for dinner. Ask for extra spice: perfect balance with the peanut sauce. Great place for good food in Phoenixville

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I went here with my brother on our birthday. We were a party of 6. The waitress was slow, the food was slow, and 3 of our six orders were not correct. We chose to eat what we were served because we didn't want to wait for it to be made again. We ordered for my wife, who was running late, and 5 minutes later asked to change her order and the waitress said no without even checking with the kitchen.

All off us ordered the lunch special. The chicken satay was tough and chewy, the soup wasn't hot, and the pineapple fried rice had a total of two pieces of pineapple in it. Add that to the fact that my brother ordered chicken and got shrimp in his curry, and I ordered shrimp but got chicken. Although the lunch was only 12, which is not too much, We won't be returning, and I would not waste your time or money on a trip to this restaurant.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

We were first-time visitors in advance of a show at the nearby Colonial Theater, and were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the dinner we enjoyed. For appetizers, our table selected the Por Pia, the Shrimp Sarong, and the Calamari. Each was paired with an excellent dipping sauce, and we heartily recommend each. Our mains were two duck courses (Tamarind Duck and Chu Chee Duck), and two Wok selections (Evil Jungle Princess and Thai Eggplant). The Wok dishes were good but not spectacular, while the Duck dishes were fabulous. The Chu Chee Duck in particular was a very large portion served with a wonderful creamy, yet mild, Curry sauce. Service also was very attentive and considerate. This is a BYOB, and prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Stopped in on a whim for date night on our way to Pennhurst Asylum and what a great surprise! My husband and I eat tons of Asian food so we are a bit picky when it comes to taste and authenticity but this place hit the mark! My husband ordered tofu pad thai and I ordered the BKK chicken. I don't know what kind of sauce was on the chicken but if I did I would buy it by the gallon. So fresh, so tasty! Also - the mango iced tea was delicious and refreshing. If we are back in Phoenixville we will come again!

1  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Very nice place. The food is well atmosphere and the food is great. Service is attentive. I wish the menu had a few more choices.