“Excellent Dinner in Phoenixville!”
Review of Thai L'Elephant

Thai L'Elephant
Ranked #6 of 119 Restaurants in Phoenixville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2017

We were first-time visitors in advance of a show at the nearby Colonial Theater, and were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the dinner we enjoyed. For appetizers, our table selected the Por Pia, the Shrimp Sarong, and the Calamari. Each was paired with an excellent dipping sauce, and we heartily recommend each. Our mains were two duck courses (Tamarind Duck and Chu Chee Duck), and two Wok selections (Evil Jungle Princess and Thai Eggplant). The Wok dishes were good but not spectacular, while the Duck dishes were fabulous. The Chu Chee Duck in particular was a very large portion served with a wonderful creamy, yet mild, Curry sauce. Service also was very attentive and considerate. This is a BYOB, and prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank Paul S

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Stopped in on a whim for date night on our way to Pennhurst Asylum and what a great surprise! My husband and I eat tons of Asian food so we are a bit picky when it comes to taste and authenticity but this place hit the mark! My husband ordered tofu pad thai and I ordered the BKK chicken. I don't know what kind of sauce was on the chicken but if I did I would buy it by the gallon. So fresh, so tasty! Also - the mango iced tea was delicious and refreshing. If we are back in Phoenixville we will come again!

1  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Very nice place. The food is well atmosphere and the food is great. Service is attentive. I wish the menu had a few more choices.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Pros: Tasty food, Vegan Options, Great sauces, Gorgeous interior.
Mock Duck is stellar and tender.
Cons: Bad acoustics, skimpy portions, and, excuse me, but if the prices were lower, maybe I wouldn't want more food on my plate? You give me a "small plate" for a high-end entree price.
Terrible service - The wait staff handed us our plates instead of placing them down on the table. The plates were large and heavy too.
If you like to look at a server with long, stringy hair & nose or ear plugs, you'll enjoy that view.
Do NOT get the veggie dumplings. Only tasty thing about them is the Sauce.
They would not give us separate checks. Lazy!
For the prices they charge, they ought not to act so pretentious.
I won't be back.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Fresh ingredients and friendly service. BYO

This is a pretty good American-taste Thai restaurant. Most dishes are less spicy than the same type of dish in Bangkok, but the basic flavors come through.