“It was ok”

Margherita's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Soups
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

The place was ok. bathrooms need remodeling. The place could use a upgrade. We all ordered something different mother in law got a hamburger bland and she didn't like the white cheese. My wife got chicken parmesan chicken didn't taste like a frozen patty but it was flat and weird. I got manicotti with the meat sauce not very much meat and everyone said on all the dishes the cause was very bland. Daughter had pizza she said it tasted like she try to make her own at home I'm from out of town of I ever came this way I wouldn't stop here again it wasn't gross but not real good the only thing that saved my meal was they had garlic, oregano, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper on the table

Reviewed 16 September 2016

We take our granddaughter for her riding lessons not far from this place and we found it when looking for a good place to have lunch. We are Italian so we tend toward Italian food when presented with a choice. Let me say here that the place looked clean and our waitress was very efficient - two things that are important to us. We ordered the Meatball Parm lunch special which came with fries and a beverage. At $7.00 it seemed to be a bargain. When presented with the sandwich we were astounded at the size of it. It was at least a foot long and maybe 3 inches at its widest; a huge sandwich. My first inclination was that we'd never finish these sandwiches. I was right. We love meatball sandwiches, but we did not love these. The sauce was not good. It had a burnt taste that I recognized having burnt sauce myself. The roll was large but the meatballs got lost in it. Add to that a mountain of melted cheese (read that too much), and things were getting a little annoying. Finally, the roll was just plain too much bread for that sandwich. I rated this a 3 because of the service and cleanliness, as well as our view of others eating pizza which looked very good. If we go here again, it will be the pizza we order.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Went recently with my daughter for an early dinner. I got spaghetti with marinara. Came with a trip to a rather sparse salad bar. The pasta and sauce were excellent. My daughter got a small Hawaiian pizza and fries. The crust looked outstanding and she loved it (I can't judge because I do not like Hawaiian pizza). She also got an order of fries that were commercially cut fries but were fried well. Service was excellent and the staff friendly. The decor is pretty worn and doesn't look like it's been updated in decades. Overall, and enjoyable meal. Their menu is varied but not as much as a diner. I recommend their pasta dishes and pizza. There is a fantastic playground outside for the little ones to burn off some energy or build an appetite.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

Great pizza and their Stromboli's are just as good. I've been a happy customer for many years, as long as I've lived in Lancaster county (which is very close to Oxford). I've tried many different things off the menu and I am always happy with the taste. Prices are also very good and the staff is always so friendly. Salad buffet option for some meals also!

Reviewed 13 February 2016

We stopped here on the way home from New York. The atmosphere is kind of old and mismatched, but the stromboli that I had was really good. The server was friendly too.