See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 September 2016

When I called to reserve a room and was told they didn't need a credit card, I should have known something was off. This was on a Thursday. My wife thought it was odd as well so she tried calling back twice the next day (Friday). She left 2 voice mails and neither of them were returned.
When we arrived at the hotel to check in, there was a hand written sign hanging on the locked office door saying to call a cell phone # if you had a reservation. I called the # which sent me to a voice mail box that had not been set up and therefore could not receive messages. At that point we decided that we should find somewhere else to stay and headed over to Erie, PA (we stayed at the Springhill Suites which was very nice). While driving to Erie this hotel did eventually call me and state that they had missed a call from me, but at that point there was no way they were getting my business.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 18 July 2017

So sorry to hear that! The Colonial Motel is now under better management and we have not had any problems since. Again, our apologies to the travelers and we hope we can accommodate your needs the next time you visit our town!

Reviewed 18 August 2016

The Colonial Motel retains its quality. Some of the rooms have received upgrades, painting, decorating, and furniture. We still enjoy visiting. Make sure you have reservations. Remember most rooms have refrigerators, stoves, and microwaves.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2016

My husband & I were traveling from Vermont to Ohio & due to a side trip needed to spend the night before we reached our destination. I started calling motels along I-90 heading west out of Buffalo & everywhere I called was booked (or way too expensive). As I looked on the phone, I discovered the Colonial Motel & gave them a call. They had had a cancellation & even though we would be arriving very late, the owner stated that she would stay up to check us in.

This is a motor inn. The room was actually an apartment with a full kitchen that would be great for a family. Although dated, it was very clean.

We really appreciate the kindness extended from the owner!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank ATL2VT
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Don't stay here if you are allergic to mold! Mildew smell had me constantly sneezing. Great for fishermen who will be out all day & only need a place to shower and sleep. Same price as decent "chains" in town, without the amenities. The bonus is that it's close to lake.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 18 July 2017

So sorry to hear about your less than appealing stay! No complaints were issued to the front desk, so we had no idea there was a problem with your room.
Updated the room last fall and found a small water leak that had caused the off-odor. All repairs were made and all our rooms are still mold and mildew free, nothing but happy customers.
Please accept our apologies and we will be happy to accommodate you any time you are in the area again.

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Colonial Motel for 8 nights. The location was super convenient for my family events. This motel is perfect for an overnight stop or an extended stay. Rooms were clean and tidy. They couch was a bonus for entertaining guests and the kitchenette was an added bonus (I don't make it far without coffee in the morning). Quaint, quiet, slight lake view and overall friendly atmosphere! By the end of the week we didn't want to leave! 5 stars, A++!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family