“Very Good 1st Impression - Enjoyed Lunch!”

Charlotte's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Charlotte's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 30 - USD 40
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Barren Road
Transit: 104 & 120 bus one block from restaurant
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Our 1st visit to Charlotte’s Restaurant for Lunch was Very Good. FYI - They do have a Handicapped Entrance (NO stairs) on the other side of the building from the Main Entrance (~6 stairs). Right outside the Handicapped Entrance are HP Parking Places. It is an older building, so some of the floors seemed to be slightly uneven.

The building accommodates a LOT of people. We sat in the open dining room nearest the “Main Entrance” at a table for 4. The chairs in the dining room are smaller & do NOT have arms on the chairs, but are comfortable. They also have booths. The dining room is elegant (have beautiful stained glass windows) with cloth tablecloths & napkins on our table.

The menu is very large with lots to choose from. I had the Snapper Soup & the others had Ham & Bean Soup (soup du jour) - both Very Good! I had Cheeseburger Sliders (2) which came with 2 slices of tomato & shredded lettuce placed attractively in the center of the plate. The Cheeseburger Sliders were topped with 2 appropriately sized Onion Rings in between slider buns. The Cheeseburger Sliders were quite salty but otherwise very good. The others had the Corned Beef Special Sandwich on Unseeded Rye & a side of Cole Slaw & Pickle Spear. The sandwich was very good, the quality of the corned beef was very good & the portion generous.

When we arrived earlier in the lunch hour, it wasn’t too busy but when we left it was very busy, almost packed. Our server, Melody, was pleasant & the service very good. We hope to go back again!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

My wife and I visited Charlotte's for the first time this past weekend to celebrate her birthday. We couldn't have been more impressed. We are big on dining in all of the old inns and restaurants in the area and given Charlotte's rich history we were completely in our element. The service was excellent as was the food. My wife had the crab cakes and I ordered the dungeness crab legs. Both meals were more than filling and we both had leftovers for the next day. We also shared an amazing dessert that left us both completely stuffed and happy on our way out the door. We will be making the trip out there again and highly recommend it for anyone who loves great food, historic locations or both!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This could be a 5 star review if there wasn't a "sharing charge". The food is excellent as is the service but while the prices aren't outrageous, they are enough that a sharing cost shouldn't be required, I've eaten at restaurants in the same league that are happy to provide an extra plate without a charge. Otherwise highly recommend.

1  Thank shopgirl030
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Four of us went for a birthday dinner. We had early reservations so we were able to order from the early bird menu. WOW! The portions were the large and with everything that it came with I'm surprised only one left with a box. We had the chicken parmesan, grilled swordfish and tilapia Maryland style. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. The tilapia was incredible. Tasty, light and full of flavor, it was a perfect dish. Our only regret is that we didn't get the crab cakes. Three different people told me the next day that we need to go back to try them. The service was excellent and the drinks were just right. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank KimPA66
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Went here for the first time- worst customer service (I have worked in the industry for years and have NEVER seen something so insane by a manager) I wont get into details but the manager was horrible- said some very unnecessary things to someone in my party- was so rude, snarky and degrading for no reason at all.
The food was good and our waitress was nice but because of the way we were treated by management- we will never return!