All reviews place to sleep the room was nice kale entrees porch
Reviewed 14 October 2016

Id like to start off by saying that the hotel and staff were lovely and very sweet.

However, an incident occurred while I was staying at the hotel and because I did not feel comfortable staying the night there anymore I was told I would get a full refund. Its been five months and I have yet to see the money in my account. I am extremely disappointed in the ownership of this establishment, I have been nothing but patient with them and all I have in return are emails saying that the refund "couldn't be processed" and other excuses. I was originally told I would see it in two weeks... Then 30-60 days and now, since its been 5 months I am done waiting and holding my tongue. I have filed a claim through my bank and I will be calling the better business bureau about how terrible the ownership is here. This has been absolutely absurd.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
37  Thank paigebluebird
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

The rating from Hotels.com was 4 star.
I would rate it 0 star.
First room 201 was hot tiny room that needed major repairs.
Second room, 202 was slightly better but stuffy, dirty, no bathroom exhaust in either room.
Windows wouldn't stay up and even if they could there were no screens.
Rug had many stains also.
Had scallops for dinner, good. Waitress was very good.
Will never stay there again.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
13  Thank johnfazsr
Gold2006, Manager at The Brick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the Brick. We try hard to please all customers and will continue to work to do better. The room you were in was 203 that you stayed in, we are replacing the carpets this month. 201 has hardwood floors. 202 with the window issue will been repaired by a carpenter in the next few days. Thank you for the constructive feedback.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and myself are currently staying here for the weekend.and must say the food and service is exceptional..the waiter Scott was attentive and spot on..the owner talked with us and gave us a history on the property and she was so pleasant ..I could go on about the food..fresh delicious and worth every penny..take into consideration this hotel is going on 300yrs old..soak it in and enjoy the history..I will be back

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank David M
Gold2006, Manager at The Brick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

David,

Thank you for staying with us and the kind words. And appreciate your return visit.
Cheers.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

The hotel was in disarray. Rooms was exceedingly small. Pictures of rooms seem to be deceptive. The hotel was very close to my destination and all I needed was a place to sleep. Wouldn't stay there again. Positive note- morning person was a breath of fresh air and was very attentive.

Room tip: View the room photos with a bit of skepticism.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Vincent S

Vincent,

Just to let you know we are not for sale, its a rumor gone wild with the town.
We are working on improving the rooms. Our staff is getting a lot of compliments and appreciate yours. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

As a Daughter of the American Revolution I tend to stay in the charming old hotels that are rich in history. The Brick Hotel is a beautiful gem nesseled in Buck County in small town Americia. If your a history buff like me you want to stay at the Brick Hotel & visit the historical treasures in and around the Newtown area.

As soon as I walked in I was greeted with a warm & welcoming smiling face. My room felt like home. Old hotels like the Brick really are a home away home. The continential breakfast was set up by a young college student. She put so much thought into her food presentation. The coffee was the BEST!! Along with fresh hard boiled eggs & fresh cut fruit. My two day stay at the Brick Hotel gave me the opportunity to sample some of the food the was highly recommended by the other guests. If you stay at the brick I recommend their hambergers, Mahi-mahi Taco, and my personal favorite "Grilled Peach Salad, arugula, goat cheese, candled nuts, drizzled with balsamic reduction. At night the light the tiki lanterns so you can enjoy the evening air and people watch with a glass of wine:) .

Date of stay: July 2016