See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2016

As a Daughter of the American Revolution I tend to stay in the charming old hotels that are rich in history. The Brick Hotel is a beautiful gem nesseled in Buck County in small town Americia. If your a history buff like me you want to stay at the Brick Hotel & visit the historical treasures in and around the Newtown area.

As soon as I walked in I was greeted with a warm & welcoming smiling face. My room felt like home. Old hotels like the Brick really are a home away home. The continential breakfast was set up by a young college student. She put so much thought into her food presentation. The coffee was the BEST!! Along with fresh hard boiled eggs & fresh cut fruit. My two day stay at the Brick Hotel gave me the opportunity to sample some of the food the was highly recommended by the other guests. If you stay at the brick I recommend their hambergers, Mahi-mahi Taco, and my personal favorite "Grilled Peach Salad, arugula, goat cheese, candled nuts, drizzled with balsamic reduction. At night the light the tiki lanterns so you can enjoy the evening air and people watch with a glass of wine:) .

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank patriciapingitore
Gold2006, Manager at The Brick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Reviewed 5 July 2016

We actually came across this place as an overflow from nearby New Hope and are happy we did. One can overlook a few items such as no elevator, even though our room was on the third floor, and floors that are not always level, in a building that is over 200 years old. But there are a number of nice surprises--the doors open with real keys with brass tags, actual wood furniture rather than the laminate/plastic/metal stuff in the chain hotels, and real flatware, china, and linen. The continental breakfast (comes with the room price) was not as extensive as at most chain hotels, but certainly adequate--cereal, bagels, yogurt, doughnut holes, fresh fruit, and choice of beverages, which are brought to the table by a server. We had dinner one night on the patio--delicious corn chowder and chicken flatbread sandwiches. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Donald T
Gold2006, Owner at The Brick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Thank you for so much. We appreciate the kind words. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

The wallpaper needs to be changed in the hallways and rooms. The shower pressure is bad and the water runs from hot to cold - really difficult to get warm water. The free breakfast consists of 1/2 a bagel not even a whole bagel and yogurt. My credit card was overcharged and I am still fighting to get my refund.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
21  Thank 3Floridians
Gold2006, Manager at The Brick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

We are sorry. We have noted your concerns and they will be addressed. The refund has been done. It takes at least 2 weeks. It has been processed within a week. Sorry for your experience about the breakfast, we do provide bagels, yogurt, cereal, fruit, and serve coffee, juice. Your feedback is valuable and we have addressed it.

Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

Moldy
Don't do it!!
No one there. Key left in envelope!! Bathtub faucet continually dripping.
Peeling wallpaper, old sheets, dirty bathroom, lights not working.
No breakfast. No response from owner.
I read that a "Hotel Hell" episode was filmed in this place. Not familiar with the show, but it describes my experience.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
26  Thank angel3703

We are sorry about your experience. We do want to explain, that there is no mold in the room, what you saw was some paint chipped and underneath was dark wood. We have refunded you 45% of the charge. We have noted your feedback and there going to be renovations in the next 4 months.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

This was a neat old place. Full of history. Almost 250 years old. George really did stay here. So did his Hessian prisoners after the First Battle of Trenton! This alone makes it a worth while place to stay. The place was clean and not in bad shape, contrary to other reviews. However, the room was never made up after the first day. So if your very demanding you will be disappointed. But it was the least expensive by almost half. The location was great. Right downtown close to everything within a short walk. We were not disappointed!

Stayed: May 2016