“We LOVED this!”

Maize Quest Fun Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in New Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Maize Quest Fun Park is the largest collection of people-sized mazes in the world. Different attractions open year round. Challenge mazes made of Bamboo, Rope, Fence, Stone, Tile, and Cornstalks. Zip down the 80-ft-long tube slide and zoom on the peddle karts. We're located in York County, PA in South Central Pennsylvania, just 3 miles from the Maryland/Pennsylvania border. Just minutes from Harford & Baltimore County, MD.
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I took my son 9/17/17, on a Sunday and there were no lines at all. We used the voucher for his summer reading program for his ticket and I just paid for mine. We had a blast! There were so many activities to do. We really liked the bike course. They looked like go-carts but they were bicycles. There was a fun course that included going through a tunnel. There was a big slide and so many mazes to try. We LOVED the bamboo maze. When you found each clue, you put a smudge of color on a random finger. When you come out of the maze, you match your finger colors to a chart for a fortune. The bamboo maze was perfect for our short attention spans. It was cool inside without the direct sunlight and had a fun feel to it. Because we saved so much money on my son's ticket, I splurged for the gem mining experience. We bought the $8 bag which was filled with fun rocks and minerals. My 8 year old son had a lot of fun figuring out which each was using a guide card that was included. We never even went through the major maze attraction. We had so much fun running all around the rest and spent most of a fun Sunday there. After we finished, we stopped for our complimentary apple and some apple cider at the café. We bought some ice cream and honey as well. It was less than a 25 min ride to this place from Forest Hill. We will definitely do this again next year in September again when there are no lines.

1  Thank Lisa D
"puzzles"
in 4 reviews
"video"

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Tons of stuff to do from corn maize to wine tasting to pumpkin and apple picking But the maize quest and pumpkin picking is VERY expensive. Enjoyable experience if you have the bucks to spare.

Hugh M, Owner at Maize Quest Fun Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Hi Lynne,
Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you had lots of fun and lots to do.

Regarding pumpkin picking, we feel our pumpkins are super affordable at just $.75 per pound, but no pumpkin costs more than $12.00. So a 20, 30, 40 or even 50 pound pumpkin is just $12, and the wagon ride is FREE (even if you don't pick a pumpkin.)

Thanks again for your visit. We always strive to provide value for the money on our family farm. I hope you come to visit again :-) Farmer Hugh

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Headed to maize quest with the family. Def not geared towards older kids. The place is nice and so is the staff. In the future, I'll head to Hershey Park which is similarly priced.

Hugh M, Owner at Maize Quest Fun Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Hey Cory,

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you had fun and enjoyed the staff interactions. Lots of times older kids (over 14yrs) enjoy Flashlight Nights with friends. Our top combo ticket is just $18 for unlimited rides, Maize-o-Vision Glasses, and a drink voucher, but you can get general admission for just $12 -> Parking is ALWAYS FREE:-) To be fair, Hershey Park starts at $25-$36 per person, and a bottle of water will run you $6.00 (parking $10-20) - but I understand (and I secretly wish we had a chocolate factory :-) We certainly are mindful of the value and want to be a good family value for you. Thanks for visiting our family farm!
-Farmer Hugh

Reviewed 27 September 2016

This place is ok if you don't want to travel too far from home, but it really isn't worth the money or time. The maze itself was good, but the pamphlet they gave you to find the clues to the answers on the pamphlet were weak. Then the map on the back, you needed a red board or red glasses to see it. We were walking back and forth to get to the information points, after an hour of trying to find these information points we gave up and cut through the corn to get back to the games.
The games weren't much better. There were too many smaller open mazes/puzzles all around. And rides you had to pay extra for and they were not great. A big jumping balloon and giant tire dragons to climb on. A large tunnel slide, not great. Also, a big drawl back is that there was very little in the way of benches to sit on and there are not enough trees for shade, it was hot . What they did have was a joke . I also saw very little in way of staff, unless it was near the fun park rides.
The farmers market/bakery was lame as well. Run mostly by teenagers that were clueless as what to do. We wait in line a half hour for ice cream and we were number 3 in line. When we did get served the girl kept messing up. I felt like going back there and doing it myself. After this the checkout line was very long and took another half hour to get through. Only then did an older women come out to help the checkout girl.
I would not go back nor recommend this place. I'll just say there are better corn mazes out there!

Hugh M, Owner at Maize Quest Fun Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2016

Hi There,

Sorry you had a less than great experience. The corn maze games have evolved over 20 years and are a family tradition for our guests, but they clearly aren't for everyone. It does take a lot of dedication to complete the game sheet as the maze is purposely challenging. Only about 15% of visitors complete all the games!

Sorry you felt you had to cut through the corn to get out. We give each group a flag you can raise and one of our staff will come to help you find the exit safely on the pathways.

The only extra ride you pay for is the Hidden Gem Railroad. The others are included in general admission. P.S. I'd like to have more trees, too :-) We're slowly working on it.

We work super hard with our new, younger workers to get them up to speed. It's hectic and a bit overwhelming for them, but they keep getting better throughout the season. If you have specific experience in ice cream scooping, we'd love to have you teach our girls a better way! They are just doing the best they can at their very first job. Thanks for your patience with them.

Please connect with me directly at 717-382-4878 ext 102 to address any specific concerns directly. We open our farm to the public as a family friendly event and we appreciate your visit. Every visit helps support this local, family farm.

Thanks for giving us a try,
Farmer Hugh