See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Rm. 132 the hallway and room was filthy and smelly. Looks like the carpets hadn't been cleaned in years. Worst place I've ever seen. Looks and smells like something from an inner-city slum. We luckily were able to get our money back and stayed elsewhere.

Room Tip: Run from this dump.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Was very nice, quiet, clean motel. We enjoyed our stay for 7 days had a very good stay highly recommend. Would stay there again house keepers were very nice. Air conditioning was good, my dog even liked it there.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

They still allow smoking rooms. So guess where we were, right next to it. Gross. The lobby smelled, the upstairs hall smelled but thankfully our room didn't. The night lady was great and even gave us an air purifier. The morning guy on Sunday, not so helpful. I had gone for a run. And the room only had two towels and my kids used them last night so I needed another. After my run I asked him for one at 6:30. He said that the cleaning people don't come till 7:00. I said " really??? You don't know where they are?" So he rolled his eyes and got me one. Rude.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2017

After staying in a dump the night before this place was an improvement. The staff was very pleasant and there was a diner next door. The motel gives you a voucher to use at the diner. The rooms were decent but the hallways reeked of smoke. As a nonsmoker it was extremely bad. I would probably stay here again if I had no options but there are nicer places. We were able to get extra bedding with no problems.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2017

My parents have often stayed at this establishment but this last stay should be the last. My father and I stopped here as it had been his standby while in the area for years. Even he, after feeling security and cleanliness were issues, said it would be the last time.

Here are a number of the problems: no deadbolt or even a chain for the door, heavy smell of smoke in the hallway, no shampoo and the only bar of soap was in the package but wet, pillows in shams were not in pillow cases (were the shams removed and washed each day?); free breakfast did not include meat but could receive $3 off any menu item, while access to the attached restaurant was available it was not well lit nor did you feel they wanted you to go that way and perhaps wanted you to go outside (still confused about that).

Beds were firm which I did like but there are better places to stay these days and unless you are just so tired you cannot make it further in either direction cross your fingers at Cross Keys and get a room.

As to the smell in the hall the staff had some kind of odor eliminating machine running the next morning trying to fumigate. Obviously it was not our imagination

Stayed: May 2017