All reviews road noise additional towels waffles the breakfast area sitting area room was clean free breakfast was nice minute drive front desk staff hershey park pleasant stay hot tub breakfast staff platinum member staff was very friendly and helpful other hotels king bed
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Checked in tired... really tired... barely noticed anything but my soft bed. Got up to a great cup of coffee and a really good breakfast. Helpful and useful staff. Had a great stay... I will return for vacation or work.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here after a day at Hershey Park. It's cheaper than the Marriott properties located closer to the park. We were 2 adults and 4 kids so we booked a room with 2 queens and a sofa bed. The lobby was nice and our room was clean.

The hotel seemed to be short on staff and supplies. We arrived a little after 9pm and there was a sign at the desk saying : "we have stepped away...". When he returned, he was pleasant. I asked about the pool. He told me that it closed at 10. We quickly dropped our stuff and went to the pool. Unfortunately, it had a greenish color and was so cloudy that you could not see the bottom. The hot tub was not green but was extremely cloudy. We let the kids jump in quickly because they really wanted to swim.

When we got back to the room, we wanted everyone to shower, especially after a dip in a green, cloudy pool. There were not enough towels or pillows for the sofa bed so I decided to go to the desk rather than calling because I figured I would get things faster. I asked the man at the desk for towels and pillows. He said he didn't think he had any pillows. He was gone quite a while. He came back with 2 pillows that he claimed were the last ones he had. He also gave me a comforter. I thanked him but said that I had asked for towels. Again he said he'd see what he had. He disappeared again for quite a few minutes. He came back with 3 towels and commented that they get taken as soon as he washes and dries them. Another guest had come up in the meantime to purchase some snacks. He had to wait while all this was happening. I asked the man if he was the only person working and he said that he was.

There was a sign on the desk stating that the water would be turned off for 4 hrs the next day. I also talked to a couple ladies at the pool who said they wanted to use points but couldn't because the computers were down.

When we checked out, the clerk asked about our stay. I didn't go into everything but I did mention the pool because that seems to be a safety hazard since green usually indicates algae and when algae can grow so can many other harmful bacteria. She just commented that they test it twice/day.

The hotel is convenient to I 83 but the odd numbered rooms face the high way and you can definitely hear every truck that applies their Jake brake. Request an even number room or bring ear plugs.

We always stay at Marriott properties and I rarely post anything negative but this hotel seemed to have some staffing, supply, and maintenance issues.

1  Thank 61meghana
Phyllis F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Meghan A.

Thank you for your valued input regarding your recent stay with us. We certainly understand that this stay did not live up to the standards you or we would have anticipated for a Marriott property. We did have an issue with the main water line coming into the property which was repaired yesterday. It did not have impact on our guests during your stay but in order to have the repair completed, we wanted to ensure that our in-house as well as those joining us at the property on Sunday or Monday were aware of the temporary shutdown. We had notifications up at the front desk, in guest rooms for those staying thru Monday as well as notifications to those arriving. Our apologies that you had also a delayed experience with additional amenities for your use. These are certainly items that we anticipate while you are with us. We have passed along the information regarding the pool to our maintenance team as well. Lastly, Marriott did go thru an extensive upgrade this past weekend as we launched our Loyalty Rewards program that now encompasses all of the loyalty rewards guests from our portfolios. Our 3 previous Loyalty Rewards programs are now one program (formerly Marriott Rewards/SPG and Ritz Carlton Rewards). Unfortunately during this transition, processes for hotel and guest use (Marriott.com, mobile app, etc) were upgraded. We certainly apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and would certainly love to speak with you directly. We value our guests and hope to have an opportunity to make it right with you if your travels bring you back to the Harrisburg/Hershey/New Cumberland area.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We are on our way from NC to NY and drove until we were tired. We pulled in, got a room, showered and even got to relax with some TV time before getting a good nights sleep. Our king size bed was perfect for us. Our son was on the sofa sleeper and it was uncomfortable and noisy for him. The breakfast was great and well staffed. The only reason for 4 out of 5 is due to the sofa sleeper. We would definitely go back and/or recommend staying here.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

Staff was friendly rooms were clean and quiet. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast had plenty of choices to choose from from healthly to the not so healthy. Coffee, hot tea and hot chocolate are available 24 hours a day.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

I agree with an earlier reviewer odd rooms should be avoided. The highway noise is exceptionally bad in this hotel on that side. Overall the room was clean and the service was okay if perhaps not quite as helpful as could have been.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Phyllis F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Joshua P,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the highway noise you encountered during your stay. While our hotel is located conveniently off of the highway, we certainly apologize that you did not experience the night's sleep that you had anticipated. Our front desk staff is always available to assist in room locations when they are available. We offer complimentary ear plugs as well as supply a listing of free apps for the apple and android devices that offer a variety of background sounds allowing for a more comfortable night's sleep. We hope that we are able to serve you again in the future and offer you a quieter location if your travels bring you back to the area.

Regards,