“Clean, Comfortable, Standard Holiday Inn”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
Farmington, Delaware
“Clean, Comfortable, Standard Holiday Inn”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Checked in for one night with my parents. Bathroom could be updated, but was clean. Plenty of pillows, I really appreciated the choice of firm or soft pillows. Friendly staff at check in.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Ninerfan16, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
We appreciate your comment. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 November 2011

WARNING: There are bed bugs at this hotel! I stayed here for work last week and woke up covered (50+) in bed bug bites. The hotel staff seemed very unconcerned about the situation and offered me a $25 credit for breakfast. I was there for a conference, and I heard from several other attendees that they had also been bit by bed bugs. Other guests had seen bugs in their room and when they brought it to the attention of hotel staff, the staff was dismissive and said they were ants or gnats. I would stay here only if absolutely necessary, and check your room very carefully for bed bugs.

Room Tip: First floor has bed bugs. Second floor might be better.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Ninerfan16, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
We appreciate your comments and want to let you know that the hotel management and staff have not taken this lightly. We have contacted the hotel’s pest control company and they will be providing the hotel with a report on their findings. In the mean time the hotel has taken the appropriate action and quarantined that room along with the rooms near that room both on the first and second floor as a precaution. The hotel staff has also pulled the occupancy records and reports. Prior to this there had not been any incident reported to the staff or management. In regards to another guest or guests that had been bitten by bed bugs, no additional guest reported this to our staff or management.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Lets start with it is in a nice convenient location. Close to food and highways. Nice place to eat inside. Price was excellant. 74.00 . Now the draw backs. No free breakfeast. add a bowl of outmeal and orange juice even with the discount your back to about 11.00 Waitress was nice to me , but I heard them criticizing another customer because of the questions he asked. Making fun of the fact of him wanting to know if the fresh fruit was actually cut and prepared there. Thought it was quite rude. Next there were bugs. I dont know what they were , ants, termites whatever. I will say I dont believe there there were any bed bugs. Hotel is large and can host many events. Nice pool area. Set up is beyond poor. I stayed in room 128. They have you park at entrance b or c . Either one or even A will get you to your room. I was in a non smoking room. You couldnt get to the room without going through long smoking hallways. all the rooms to each side of me were basically smoking. So either way I had to deal with the horrible smell. Word of advice for hotel, people who dont smoke usually dont want to even walk through the hallways , they would rather be in non smoking section. Also when people are traveling on business you should place them in an area that doesnt have families. No one want to be woke up by kids or teens screaming. You need a much better lay out for your hotel. Smoking and non smoking should not be near each other.

Room Tip: Tell them to be very specific . when you say non smoking make sure it is clear you dont want to be n...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank IsupportRonPaul
Ninerfan16, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Thank you for your comments. I want to let you know that your comments have been brought up to the managers at the hotel and are being looked into.
auburnyellowrose
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Its a hotel. Unfortunately it had ants when I stayed last weekend. I brought my family to a religious retreat being held at the venue. The site is older, the staff is accommodating, the food is okay but the thing that got me were the ants - which I loathe. I don't think it was in every room just mine.

Other than that it was okay.

Room Tip: Staff can and will provide a microwave/fridge combo. The cleaning crew were nice.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the issue that you had in your room. I wanted to let you know that we have addressed that issue. We welcome the chance to show you that this has been addressed the next time you are in the area.
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Due to the freak snowstorm in the Northeast on Saturday, October 29, we were left without power at out house. As the temperatures inside continued to fall and so did the snow, it became evident we had to find a place to stay that evening.

Phone calls to two other hotels in the area went unanswered - these were major chain hotels. The phone at the Holiday Inn was answered promptly; I was assured they had electricity and rooms available, and was transferred to reservations. After a wait of about 5 minutes, I was connected and within minutes had our room for the night. I was quoted a rate, which was reasonable for the short notice.

We checked in about a half-hour later; the front desk was busy with other displaced couples and families, but service was prompt and polite. Our room rate was lowered by almost $30 upon check in! Plus, because I am a Priority Club Member, I received a bottle of water and a chocolate chip cookie (perfect late-night snack).

We had a king room, which also had a pull-out sofa. The room was spacious enough for two people. The bathroom was normal hotel size, clean and well stocked with towels. There was coffee maker in the room as well.

If I have one complaint, it's the heat was very "tentative". We had to push the thermostat up to nearly 85 degrees to get the room a comfortable warm temperature.

The hotel has a restaurant/bar; we chose not to eat there. Close by are John's Diner (food is good and plentiful), Pizza Hut, Bob Evan's, McDonald's and a local Italian restaurant. They would probably be considered within walking distance had the weather not been so pitiful!

All in all, I was pleased with our one-night stay at the Holiday Inn, and would certainly recommend the facility to family and friends.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are very glad to hear that we were able to accomodate you during that snow storm. Thank you for being a Priority Club member!!!