“"Staff is Incredibly Rude"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Pocono
Mount Pocono Campground
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

First and foremost, this is supposed to be a family friendly campground. My well behaved/ closely monitored children were treated like they were diseased by the staff. They treat some customer's dogs better. I feel that we were constantly being watched by the owner Deb, her henchmen, and other long term campers who are regulars. I completely understand being observed to some degree, to maintain a safe environment that's conducive to all the campers, but cut me a break. Her staff member that drove in the red pick up work truck and a staff member in a golf cart were breaking the 5mph speed limit rule putting my children at risk. They repeated that rule with conviction several times at check in. Please let your staff know that rule should be expected of them as well. The owner is automatically stand offish and defensive if you voice a concern about anything. Has she not had any guidance about customer service? I've read several reviews and her responses are horrendous. A good business woman would apologize and offer to look into customer's concerns and address them. Especially if they are reasonable.

On to the positive. The grounds/facilities are immaculate and well kept. Besides the staff driving recklessly, we felt very safe here!

I understand that they are trying to have a certain standard for their business but they should not treat well mannered, rule abiding customers, who are paying the same as everyone else like they are scum.

We plan on returning but with the hopes that the staff could learn to be more friendly. If not we will ignore them :-)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 September 2016

This is a true hidden gem! CLEAN,CLEAN,CLEAN! Beautiful landscaping, tons of activities, gorgeous scenery, refreshing pool, the list goes on and on! We found the website purely by accident and after checking out a few others, this was perfect! I would highly recommend it to everyone. As for rules...rules keep the place clean, safe and fun. Nothing worse than spending money only to hear dogs bark all night, someone's loud music blasting or people being rude. If you enjoy those things... this is not the place for you! As for staff and owners... pleasant ,helpful, accommodating, folksy! If you encountered anything less, then perhaps you were the issue. By all means, find another place!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Barbara P
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

My friends and I stayed at MPC this weekend, and we had a great time. Deb and the rest of the MPC team were nothing but great to us. Yes, the site itself is gravel. As long as you have an air mattress, you'll be perfectly fine. The bathrooms are VERY clean. I would definitely come back again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ashley T
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Family and pet friendly best place I've ever camped !!! We have been coming here for eight years we have never been disappointed the staff is friendly bath houses are amazingly clean !!! They have a pole a baby pool and a dog run everyone in the family is happy !! Their game room has pool tables and ping-pong tables they have a playground area for big and little kids. Activities are run every Saturday there's a lot to do for the whole family

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

They keep campground clean but for a tenters where they put you you have to drive to bathroom down a big hill or use johns . Only 3 stalls and one bathroom so if you have to do number two wait in line ...they were clean tho . They don't In force quite hour cause ever night we were there people were either loud to 5 am or dogs barking all night . They put small stones down on each site which is so stupid for tenters . I actually hurt my back and ended up having to buy a blow up bed funny thing is been tent camping all over the country for 15 years always sleep on ground but not here it's to rocky . Pool was cold you can see they have a heater but didn't turn it on that was on a Friday .you can see they do keep up with campground and take pride in it just there not really set up for tenters who don't have a rv private bathroom and can hear everything under the sun of noise. I would go back again with children in future cause it's not a bad place just not perfect. But hey where use to state and national parks which are pretty close ... I took off a star for not driving around making it quite and because they cost me money buying a stupid blow up bed .

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
5 km away
Chestnut Grove Resort
Chestnut Grove Resort
#4 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Mount Pocono Campground? Share your experiences!