All reviewscarriage housebed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciousfloor suitetakes pridevalentine's daywonderful weekendb bsfeel right at homeeach morningother guestsprivate bathhome away from homelancaster countyfrench toaststayed two nightsquiche
Reviewed 1 July 2017

I went to the Old Square Inn for the first time with my 3 friends. When I arrived, Nancy (the innkeeper) greeted me as if I was family. She offered me coffee, wine, and homemade cookies. She gave me a tour of the inn. The rooms are nicely decorated and extremely clean. I was thrilled with our suite. It had 2 king sized beds, a couch, TV, refrigerator, and a separate shower and toilet. There is also a large swimming pool in the backyard. The breakfast the following morning was excellent! Nancy served us watermelon with feta cheese, French toast with whipped cream and strawberries, 2 mini omelets, and asparagus wrapped in bacon. She even gave us delicious chocolate truffles. I highly recommend you staying here if you are in the area. I will definitely be staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

From our first contact with the inn keeper, we could tell that this was going to be a wonderful place to celebrate our anniversary. The innkeeper was attentive, caring, informative and helpful. She had great suggestions for sight seeing and dinner restaurants (with quite a variety brochures for local easy-to-get-to sights). The room was quiet, peaceful, spacious, clean, comfortable and romantic. We loved the hot tub, fireplace and large shower in the carriage house room. The breakfasts were super yummy! The innkeeper included such fantastic thoughtful touches of things like coffee and tea available throughout the day, water in the rooms and even mints if you want them. There were also DVDs available and a pretty pool too. We highly recommend staying here! The location was great too. Close enough to enjoy Lancaster County and other great sights/activities in the nearby area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Nancy S, Owner at Olde Square Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Thank you and again, Happy Anniversary! It was an honor to help you celebrate your special day, and I'm pleased that we were able to make it extra-special for you. I'm looking forward to welcoming you back for your next one!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

My partner and I stayed one night at the Olde Square Inn and we definitely plan to return. While, I normally do not splurge on overnight stays, hotels, etc. we figured we would treat ourselves. We stayed in the third floor room which was a suite in itself; couches, fireplace, Jacuzzi tub, clean, spacious, just gorgeous. Nancy was so easy to talk to and genuinely cared about all her visitor's experience.
Now here comes the info you have been waiting for...it IS a Bed and Breakfast after all so I know you are wondering "But how was the BREAKFAST?" ... Well let me tell you that this breakfast is worth the 5 stars in itself. Breakfast was a three course meal!
Seriously, folks this place is beautiful, friendly, relaxing... and Delicious.

Room Tip: Tippy top floor is the best.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 4cole
Nancy S, Owner at Olde Square Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

I love that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thanks for taking the time to write a review! So much fun talking with you and hearing a bit about landscaping and music. I'm hoping the next time the two of you come out, we'll get some live entertainment on the balcony - that would be so much fun. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

We actually live in Mount Joy and wanted a night away to reconnect! What a treat we found in our own backyard!! Nancy was just amazing and friendly and passionate about taking care of us! She was so welcoming. I told her my husband had had a rough week and this was a surprise. She blessed us with a split of champagne and delicious chocolate dipped strawberries in our room when we got there! You can tell she really enjoys pampering her guests!! She had chocolates in the living room and when I told her how delicious they were, she wrapped up the rest for us to take home to our boys!! The room was wonderful and the bed sooo comfortable! The grounds were so relaxing and the breakfast..oh my goodness, it was wonderful!!! I loved that we could stay for one night. A lot of bed and breakfasts seem to require a two night stay on the weekend and we just wanted one night away from kids and responsibilities! This was just perfect!! We will definitely do this again!

Room Tip: The Elizabeth Anne room looked out onto the pool and garden area!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Nancy S, Owner at Olde Square Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Hi, Kimberly!

Thanks for taking the time to review us! I'm so glad you and Grant were able to relax and clear your heads before getting back to reality. Even one night away does wonders! Happy that you enjoyed breakfast and the comfy bed, and had some time to reconnect as a couple.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you back for your next break. Everyone needs a little time away, right? See you soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

We did our first family reunion here at olde square inn. 19 of us including 7 young grandkids. Just hung out around pool all day enjoying everyone. Really don't have to go anywhere. But we will visit Wilbur Choc. Sturgis Pretzel and Strasburg Creamery.
These are a family must.
Thank you innkeeper Nancy for making this a great reunion.
Breakfast was great.
We will be back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Nancy S, Owner at Olde Square Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

I was thrilled to be able to host your family at the Inn for your reunion. So happy that you were able to enjoy the pool, our area restaurants, AND our breakfast. The best part of booking the entire bed and breakfast is that you can relax and not have to worry that you might be disturbing other guests. I loved seeing everybody gather on the porch to talk and laugh with one another while taking advantage of the beautiful weather!
Thanks for taking the time to review us - I'll be sure to save the dates for you next year!