“The best day of our vacation!”

Mt. Gretna Lake & Beach
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

So fun for our crew of 5 which includes 2 adults, 2 tweens and 1 teen. Clean, family friendly. The kids loved the swing, diving board and high platform. Bonus we could bring in our own food and drinks.

1  Thank Kelly L
in 4 reviews
"nature"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 17 August 2018

people here are saying it is over priced - but it is a well cared for place with lots of amenities - Kayaks and tubing - deep lake high dive and high rope/metal swing - all the rafts and decking are made of the recycled composite decking (no splinters) clean beach - picnic area near the beach but in shaded woods with grills. indoor and outdoor showers - 6 life guards on duty all day that I was there. the snack bar was also clean with a nice selection and not over priced. I am originally from NJ and I don't think you could find a Scenic Lake that is that well manicured with all that convenience for under 20 dollar a person. I will get a season pass

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

This lake is so small, especially the roped area . Just a few swimmers and you feel like you have no room . The water looks dirty . There is an odd smell also . It is $19 to get in , what does that get you ? A ridiculously small lake , super small sandy beach area , muddy grass to put your chair .
The snack stand people are so rude .
Save your money and go somewhere else .

1  Thank MMags02
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

1. Its 19 dollars to get in, which is definintly steep for what you get.
2. We went as a group of adult friends and definintly felt out of place, it's mostly families with young children. So, it's definitely a safe environment for families.
3. The beach/sand part is pretty small gets a but crowded on a Saturday. There is additional seating in the grass.
4. The lake was dirty (I guess that's nature but I pictured the water clear/blue over brown. There was also an awful smell that came and went.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

I have lived nearby and driven by the lake my entire life, but haven’t ever visited until this year.

The lake “felt” clean. The parts where you can stand are sandy so you don’t feel like you’re standing in lake sludge. The lake water is obviously brown and it did stain some white parts of our suits, had to soak them, but overall I was impressed, as someone who doesn’t “do” murky water generally.

The high dive and such are a lot of fun for the older kids and adults. One thing to note: you are not allowed past the rope into the outer area if you aren’t a swimmer. So if you have a kid with a flotation device (swimmies, life vest, etc) who can’t swim and tread water without it, you’ll be told to take them back behind the rope. I understand the reasoning for this, but it did pose a problem for a member of our family who had one adult and two kids, one was older and wanted to dive and one wore a puddle jumper. She couldn’t take the young one out to along with her to accompany the older one who wanted to dive. (It’s a LONG swim for a kid out there, and while he was a capable swimmer, he wanted an adult with him). Just something to be aware of.

Wish the sandy beach area was bigger, people are on top of you which doesn’t leave much room for kids to play.

The snack bar has a decent selection and surprisingly good prices considering what you pay to get in.

Which brings me to the biggest negative- the cost for entry is OUTRAGEOUS. That’s my biggest complaint. This will definitely be a “once or twice a summer” excursion for us unless the price gets changed. But it’s fun while you’re there. Just wish we could visit more often.

15  Thank LancasterCtyNative