All reviews restaurant bar clean bed great night sleep worked great place to sleep night's rest philip supermarket refrigerator sink
Reviewed 13 November 2016

I'm not even sure why Rodeway allows this place to exist. It was drafty, dark and cold and downright shabby. Even the morning coffee was bad! There was no soap or Kleenex in the room, though it did have a fridge and microwave. There is very little nearby and it's hard to find.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
RODEWAYINNPA305, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2016

Guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're

If you 're not satisfied with our accommodation or service please let the front desk know without delay so we can make it right.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

This hotel is AWFUL. Our room had almost every piece of wallpaper beginning to peel from the walls. The room was very dingy and dark even with all of the lights (that were operational) on.The mattress was well beyond its useful life. The bathroom had wall tiles from when it was built in the 1950's or 1960's. It did have a shower insert to repair the old tub, however. We stayed here only because we were very tired and it was very late so we take some of the blame in making a very bad choice. This motel has the appearance of a business that is being run right into the ground. Rodeway Hotels really should investigate this sleazy place, then revoke its franchise. This type of place is a very poor representation of the Rodeway brand.

Room Tip: If getting a good room is a priority, then choose a different motel.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chimmy56
RODEWAYINNPA305, Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2016

Please provide your name an address and the date of checking so that the issues you've raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken.

please ask front desk if you want to check the room prior to your stay.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Called ahead to see if a room was available. Was looking for something cheap and the coupon book said $39 for standard room. Mr. Patel asked me if I wanted 1 bed or 2; I said 2. He asked me if I wanted smoking or non; I said smoking. He said it would be $10 extra for the dog. I said fine. When I showed up with my coupon, he said that was only for rooms with one bed. I said 1 bed would be fine. But of course they didn't have any rooms with one bed. So, I went from paying $40 to pay $67 for my stay. No big deal. EXCEPT: I've never seen anything like this room. I've stayed in some sketchy rooms and I don't care if the price is right. But this was ridiculous. The filth on every surface was unreal. Every drawer looked like someone had poured a cola into it and then left it to dry. There was no soap. No shampoo. The once-white cloths smelled fine, but had a faint brown stain in the middle. The door chain was ripped out of the wall. Room 255... check it out. Be amazed.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
RODEWAYINNPA305, Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
Doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Just horrible. Room was dark and had a musty dank odor, although that could have been coming from the air conditioner which blew warm air, or from the sticky carpet. Room was filthy, bugs of some type in bathroom which had a broken seat on toilet and empty toilet paper roll. Not to mention the stained tub and moldy shower curtain, also the dirty towels of which there were only 2. My advice is to sleep in your car in the Kmart parking lot avoid this place at all cost. It was the worst place we have ever stayed for sure. Whole place needs to be tore down.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
RODEWAYINNPA305, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
I'm concerned about the problem you experienced at our Hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We are 24 hrs open if you would have brought to our attention at the time of stay we would have changed your room any changes would have been done prior to stay. Also we had given rock bottom rate for the king size bed and ground floor room
please ask front desk if you want to check the room prior to your stay.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

Depending on your rooms, it was decent. Some rooms def has some bugs. I saw spiders, some flies. But overall it ain't bad. It's advantage is the price. The people at the desk are very nice and friendly. It's close to the highway in case you want to go wilkes-barre and any surrounding area. It was a comfortable stay. Can't complain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs. The room upstairs seem to be better than the ones downstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
RODEWAYINNPA305, Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2016