All reviews restaurant bar clean bed great night sleep worked great place to sleep night's rest philip supermarket refrigerator sink
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Good price for the accommodations, manager very friendly and helpful. Rooms are quiet, more so than you would expect. Located close to various restaurants and close to interstate access. Nice bar/restaurant next to hotel.

Room tip: Ask the manager for the best room.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
RODEWAYINNPA305, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Appreciat

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
Guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
Doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff for sure. Mr Patel was a most excellent host and he certainly deserves a mention because he was the main reason why I am writing a review. The neighborhood felt a little sketchy and I think there are permanent residents on the second floor. The room was neat but a little dirty. It was fine for me but my wife didn't like it at all. I really think that if Mr Patel didn't give me a sense of confidence, that I probably would have chosen not to stay. The pricing was fair for what we got so I don't have any complaints there. If you need a cheap place to crash and aren't too picky, then this place is fine

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
RODEWAYINNPA305, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Thank you, Mr.James, for taking the time to bring such matters to our attention. We value your patronage and certainly want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
Guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Phillip

Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed here recently.nice clean place at very reasonable price,I was surprised as they are on I 81 and close to so many stores and restaurants.it was very clean inside out and well mantained.
It is very close to historic town Scranton known for coal mine heritage.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
RODEWAYINNPA305, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2016

Thank you for your correspondence from April, 2016. It is always beneficial to hear from our guests
and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel.
We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

If you are looking for an affordable, clean and excellent place to stay on your visit in this area, don't hesitate to check out this hotel. The best customer relations is offered at this hotel. This was my first stay but I felt more than welcome in this hotel. In fact I had called for early check-in before traveling and was given a room as early as 11:30a.m. The front desk was excellent. What's great place to spend the night. The continental breakfast was not much but understandable. They even offer place for animals even though I did not travel with one I was given the option. There is a huge parking lot for self parking. It is ideally located on the main highway. It does provide ease in traveling between places. Nice place to stay. Good customer relations.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RODEWAYINNPA305, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2015

Thank you for your correspondence. It is always beneficial to hear from our guests
and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel.
We appreciate your business.

PHILLIP PATEL

Reviewed 10 May 2015

We had planned to stay with family on this trip, but things didn't work out. We got away late so didn't travel as far as we had thought, making it only to Scranton. While Moosic is on Rt 11, it is literally only a few minutes off the Hwy 81. It's obvious this area was quite prosperous in the old days before the interstate came through and took a lot away.

I found this place in the coupon book as we were looking for good, basic, and cheap. We were pleasantly surprised. Mr Philip Patel greeted us on the phone when I called to see if they had room, very friendly and assured us they had room for the coupon price.

We arrived and got the room right next to the office, (#110 non-smoking). When we opened the door, as it had been raining, it smelled a bit musty, but the new A/C quickly took care of that issue. The room was quite large with plenty of room for our baggage, including a built-in luggage rack on top of a chest. There was a small round table, with two chairs, and plenty of accessible electrical outlets for working on my computer.

They've obviously been trying to do some upgrading. The TV was a 32" flat-screen with basic cable, free HBO. With a king-sized bed--good, firm mattress, new sheets, comforter, and curtains in the room, it was a good night's sleep. The refrigerator was already turned on and cold for our travel food. While it was older and had a few cracks in the interior, it was spotlessly clean. There was a microwave, but we didn't use it.

Mr Patel recommended the diner just next door for dinner and we went there (separate review).

The bathroom was quite large; the tub/shower in good shape with plenty of hot water, and good water pressure, again spotlessly clean. There were two soaps, no shampoo though. The only thing that was difficult for me was the position of the toilet. As they had remodeled and put in a new sink with a large edge, it was literally right up against the toilet. I am a large woman, so it was uncomfortable to be wedged in there.

Continental breakfast consisted of coffee, Minute Maid orange juice, and three different kinds of donuts. Adequate considering the price.

All in all, we were quite happy and plan to return there when we come back through for a trip to a nearby museum.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RODEWAYINNPA305, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2015

Thank you for your correspondence . It is always beneficial to hear from our guests
We appreciate your business