All reviews restaurant bar clean bed great night sleep worked great place to sleep night's rest philip supermarket refrigerator sink
Reviewed 22 November 2014

Nice room. looks to been recently refreshed. Typical hotel/motel décor. I checked the corners, Under the nightstands etc. all clean. so was fridge and microwave Bedspreads/linens were also newer as was the heat/AC unit which worked well. Free HBO Bathroom had the original tile but looks to be repaired, grouted and new wallpaper. Tub had been replaced with a new one piece tub/shower enclosure which looks nice and was clean .Hot water and good water pressure. There is a baseboard heater under the sink that can be turned on to warm up the bathroom. Very bright lighting too. They also have a restaurant/bar which was quite busy when I got back to my room around 7pm. While the place looks small when you drive up since its built up on a cliff but has another wing around the back where the restaurant/bar and more rooms are located. Nice diner next door, A bank, Dunkin doughnuts, Car wash and a supermarket all right on Birney ave. a 2 min drive from hotel. will stay again

Room tip: Check in as early as possible to check in time since they fill in the rooms around back first then the older rooms out front near the road
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
RODEWAYINNPA305, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Moosic – Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2015

Thank you for your correspondence, It is always beneficial to hear from our guests

Reviewed 6 October 2014

We found this place with a coupon guide and it was well worth the stop. They honored the coupon and quickly checked us (totally exhausted) into our requested room types. The rooms were surprisingly big and clean and convenient to the front office. Roger, front desk, was on when we checked in and out and both times met us with unfailing enthusiasm and energy. The restaurant he recommended was terrific and just what we were looking for. All heating and cooling systems worked and the room was quiet. Free coffee in the morning made for an easy road trip pit stop.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Panda J

Thank you for your correspondence from Oct- 06- 2014. It is always beneficial to hear from our guests and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We are always looking for a bargain and this was a good one. Clerk honored my coupon without adding ridiculous taxes and was very friendly at check in. The room was clean and fresh with fridge and microwave and everything worked well. Bathroom was clean and good size and the bed was comfortable. What more could you ask for at such a good price! We would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: August 2014

Thank you for your correspondence. It is always beneficial to hear from our guests

Reviewed 16 July 2014

After several days of staying at hotels where we had to climb stairs, it was nice to have a room on floor level (this hotel has rooms in a strip). The room was comfortable and within walking distance to several good restaurants. The clerk called to make sure that our room was to our liking which I thought was nice. Only issue was some problems with reception, but there was a storm interfering with satellite.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

and receive their valuable feedback about our hotel.
We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I'll start off by saying that this was an unexpected hotel as I had been hoping to drive the whole way from Vermont to Carlisle, PA in one evening, but I was so tired by the time I got to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area that I decided to get a hotel. Therefore this expense was not in my budget and I had to go CHEAP. For being inexpensive, this place was fine, and the room was actually clean, with clean sheets (I inspected) and clean bathroom. What I did not like was how the lobby smelled, and the parking lot was not well lit and the hotel from the exterior looks like a rent-by-the-hour place. The Front Desk guy was almost too friendly. If I was a single woman I WOULD NOT have felt comfortable staying here, and was nervous about my car to the extent that I had trouble falling asleep despite being exhausted!

I skipped breakfast in the morning because the smell in the lobby was very unappetizing. The free breakfast was one of the reasons why I chose this place over the Red Roof Inn (which I have stayed at before, and it was pretty good, but no bkfst).

Also, this hotel is in a strange, run-down feeling part of town. It was difficult to locate from I-81 southbound.

Also, I had one of those highway coupon books. What should've been a $35.00 rate turned into $40.00 + tax. I probably would've been better off sleeping in my car, or "springing" for the Red Roof Inn for $10.00 more.

BUT....you get what you pay for!

Room tip: Don't be cheap like I was and DO pay an extra $10.00 for a better place!
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

We appreciate your business.