All reviews room was clean pa turnpike sofa bed waffles the breakfast area would stay here again staff was very friendly exercise room late check coffee pot free breakfast easy access convenient location king room pleasant stay enjoyed my stay mini fridge
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We had family in town for the holiday and as always the Springhill Suites went above and beyond. Rooms were spotless, service was impeccable and the kids loved the pool. Last time we stayed the breakfast was ok but this time it seems they have stepped it up. The eggs were out of this world and the bacon was crispy and delicious. Korey, the breakfast attendant, was super friendly, accommodating and very pleasant to talk to! We look forward to having our family stay again the next time they visit! Thank you Korey!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2017

The beds and pillows were very comfortable; the rooms were clean; we had plenty of space, made convenient with a mini-fridge, coffee maker and a small microwave. The lobby also has very good free coffee all hours. Don't expect a scenic view, but this is a great hotel if you are looking for value. Although our window faced right onto the entrance to the turnpike, we did not hear traffic noises. The property is just starting to show its age, but the staff are very friendly and they do an excellent job of keeping the rooms and common areas clean. The breakfast was typical hotel fare, but hot and plentiful. The breakfast workers were helpful and pleasant. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2017

We spent a night here as a family of four on our way to Niagara. There isn't much to rave about or complain about the hotel. The bathrooms could have been cleaner but overall it's a decent hotel with decent prices. I would stay here again if am on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Renee M, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We love to get suggestions on what we can do to make our guests have a more pleasurable experience while staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Having read all these glowing reviews, I admit my expectations were high. This place must have been recently been possessed by a pittsburgh poltergeist because our experience was terrible, horrible and, in parts, disgusting. We won’t go back for reasons I will illustrate in the comments below.

To begin, it was as if there was a contest to see how many different ways this place would UNDERPERFORM.... or perhaps it was taken over by a Pittsburgh poltergeist during Halloween?

I will detail the “greatest hits” that made this experience as memorable as a bad rash or childhood nightmare.

When we arrived at around eleven, my exhausted teenage daughter changed and crawled into bed. While some hotels have candy.... she found different and unique “treats”.... Initially, it seemed to be just (!) mysterious black lint balls decoratively scattered between the white sheets. Upon further investigation, however, it was clear this was just one indicator that we had missed quite a party. An examination of the pillows turned up multiple makeup stains and the “lower regions” of the bed displayed evidence of multiple deposits of other bodily fluids.

There was no one “available” to bring us new bedding at that hour so I didn’t even try to call again about the dirty towels in our bathroom. In a twisted Martha Stewart kind of way, they looked almost at home sitting near the ”confetti” of red painted toenail clippings around the tile floor. I decided not to inspect further. Put my kid and husband in the “clean” bed and curled up ON TOP of the covers in the “party” bed with one of the clean towels on the least suspect pillow.

But, as they say on the radio, “the hits just keep on coming”. Breakfast was it’s own slice of wonderful. It was not the fault of the hotel that other families had allowed their kids to run wild and spill food all over the breakfast cereal serving area and dribble chocolate all over the counter near the waffles. Indeed, the employee attending to the breakfast area did not let these trivialities distract her as she passed back and forth, seemingly in a fog. Finally she exited to the kitchen to return with a sealed bag of pre-fab eggs, dripping with the hot water in which they had been warmed (I hope it was water). She dumped the contents into the preheated serving dish - next to the desiccated ham which could have been part of some freeze dried MRE served in combat zones.

(As this place stresses it “green” practices, i surmised she had in mind recycling the hot water drippings to help soak the sugar cereal and chocolate on the floor for easier cleaning later...????)

As a consequence, the rest of the guests had to tip toe around dripping milk, chocolate, cereal and egg deposits all over the floor. I admit my “mom instincts” kicked in and I tried to wipe part of this up, only to be “tsked “ at by said employee who came over and wiped some counter based residue ONTO THE FLOOR to add to the watery puddles of goo. (I will acknowledge again that several families had allowed their kids to behave terribly and leave these messes - but the response of the hotel employee just made it a larger problem for the rest of the guests.)

Ironically, before going to breakfast I was greeted by one of the staff... when she entered my room almost TWO HOURS before check out time, sailing in the door and all the way to the bathroom where I was still in my birthday suit and clutching the hand towel (which seemed to be clean) for some level of modesty. I guess I was a hit with her, because she was joined by two others who lined up in the hall to greet my whole family and several other guests as we returned from breakfast to our rooms. Each of these pink clad ladies were adorned with dark scowls and rolling eyes designed to let us know we had imposed upon their schedule by not vacating our room before we went to breakfast - despite the fact the check out time clearly posted on signs above their heads was 30 mins hence.

For purposes of brevity, I will skip the elevator doors with slimy smudges of a substance only CSI could identify, the coffee service cart with lint balls in the condiment containers (decoratively placed between the sweet and low packets), etc.

I will acknowledge my mistake in initially questioning the selection of a rather effusive Christian pastor on the hallway TV - instead of a more traditional morning news channel program. I now see this as a sign of hope... a source of divine intervention for the exorcism requires to return this place to the level of service it provided so many other TripAdvisor travelers in the past.

(Note: I did provide this feedback to the front desk so this is not a “dump and run” review.... and my spouse and I have written equally long reviews to praise good experiences. I sincerely hope the hotel management can use this input to their advantage)

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Renee M, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

We appreciate the feedback. We are very sorry that you felt your stay was so unpleasant. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate departments to make sure these issues are addressed. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I've traveled with large groups both domestically and internationally and found my experience with the team of SpringHill Suites in Monroeville to be the most professional and efficient as it relates to communication and check in/check out process. The rooms and hotel grounds clean and well taken care of. The team was responsive and hospitable. I would not hesitate to bring my team back to this location. Far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Renee M, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! The staff was very pleased to hear so many good remarks. We hope to see you again!