“Weekend Visit with Family”

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Monroeville
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I am a Marriott brand customer and I have always had a wonderful time at each location. We stayed at the Springhill Suite for two nights (#205 and #207), Friday and Saturday night. The room I stayed in smelled like a dog had been staying there. The reason for my low mark for cleanliness. Since I would only in the room for just sleeping purposes only, I overlooked it. My grandkids didn't fare too well, they've been having sinus issues going on the third day now. Next time I will not hesitate to voice my concerns about the room. Overall I love the location although better signage on road out front would be nice. Hard to locate the driveway to the hotel at night.

Room Tip: Although the hotel is located near the turnpike toll booths, it was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Renee M, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Hi KGiggles431,

We would have gladly moved you to another room. We do not allow pets, so if there had been an animal, it would have been without our knowledge. We apologize for any smell to the room. Please always voice any concerns to the Front Desk, if we don't know, we can't fix the issue, for you or the next guest. We hope you give us another chance in the future, we would love to have you and your family back.

Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here overnight enroute to Niagara Falls from Washington DC.

The hotel is understaffed on weekdays but the receptionist who checked us in was very welcoming and helpful. The rooms were clean - though one of the two rooms we had needed to be changed as the door locks weren't working.

The breakfast options for vegetarians was limited - but fresh fruits were available.

All in all, very helpful and friendly staff, clean hotel rooms, free wifi, convenient location and reasonable prices make this a great option for folks driving through.

This hotel is also very close to one of the oldest Hindu Temples in the US - Sri Venkateshwara Temple in the Pittsburgh area. Ample street signs are posted right by the closest intersection to the hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thank you, Ajay T, for the kind comments. Our staff try very hard to make everyone feel welcome. We are happy that the hotel, staff and the area were to your liking. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Maybe I was just unlucky but my corner room was far from the layout of a suite. It was made up of multiple contorted walls all over the place, as if the designer really didn't want to waste the space. Well, good for them, bad for me. For example, there was a gigantic wall between the bed and the couch for no reason (unless it was load-bearing). That and temperature control was via the dials in the in-wall unit, e.g. a little warm or a lot of warm air. That's really old technology at this point. Maybe this is nit-picky, but it is a bit disappointing when there was nothing else about the stay to make up for it. One final note: The single access to the busy street below will make it hard to turn left in the mornings, so plan ahead if you have to make the driving loop to compensate.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Renee M, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to offer your input on our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that our hotel didn't meet your expectations. SpringHill Suites are studio suites with a privacy wall between the sitting area and sleeping are. There are other Marriott Brands (i.e. Residence Inn and TownPlace Suites) that offer apartment style suites with separate bedrooms and living room, if that's the kind of room you prefer. If you visit Monroeville again and would like to stay with us we can try putting you in one of our mid hallway rooms, which are a little larger or one of our accessible rooms that don't have the privacy wall.
Thank you again for your suggestions, we appreciate them and will definitely keep them in mind as we approach our renovation time.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

This was my second stay at this hotel. It is very clean and comfortable, would recommend...what really stood out was the helpful staff who were so helpful and friendly. Whenever I travel I use an hdmi cord to Netflix off my iPhone and the tv didn't have an input button to change the input... neither did the remote. The front desk clerk found us a different remote so we could switch input. It is small acts like this that show how the staff cares and wants you to have a comfortable stay . Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2017

My daughter and I stayed in this hotel while she recovered from surgery. Everything was perfect-the room was large, clean, and super comfortable, the staff were very friendly and helpful, there was a great free breakfast buffet, and while we didn't get a chance to use it, a beautiful pool area. It ended up being the perfect place for her to stay in bed and recover, and we appreciated how clean and nice the common areas were as well. I definately plan on returning to Springhill Suites in the future-my new favorite hotel!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family