“Not bad, wouldn't go back”

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Monroeville
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 21 May 2015

A bit difficult to find because it is tucked behind several other hotel properties. You can see it from the interstate but there is no signage to help you. Even my GPS got confused. Nice room, but it is a mini-refrigerator, not a refrigerator as advertised, which was the specific reason I booked there. Even the mini-frig was not up to temperature. Also, I don't know why these hotels do not upgrade their heating/cooling units so that they are not unbelievably noisy and do not blow directly upon the bed! All in all, not bad, wouldn't go back. Coffee was terrible, eggs tasted powdered.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Renee M, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2015

I apologize that you were not as happy with our hotel as you were hoping. I wanted to make sure that future guests are not confused about the amenities of our rooms, so I double checked our website. It correctly describes that there is a mini-refrigerator in each kitchen area. We are actually in the process of getting signage to make it easier to find us, there isn't much we can do about the GPS system though. About two years ago, The SpringHill Suites brand changed to more healthy breakfast choices. Including fresh fruits, spinach, turkey products, Havarti cheese, and scrambled eggs that are made from real liquid eggs. We appreciate your feedback, it is always helpful to get our guests point of view. Thank you, and Happy Travels!

Reviewed 17 May 2015 via mobile

We booked online with the specification of a roll in shower, when we arrived our room was not as requested and confirmed via email. They didn't care that it was the incorrect room, the staff was changing and they were too interested in leaving to help. They said they only had one roll in room and it had been filled. I asked if they had another hotel and they finally agreed to check after grumbling. The new staff member called around and couldn't find one. They finally agreed to take a small portion off the stay. This hotel is very unfriendly and unhelpful. We were never told any information such as when breakfast was, where the ice machine was located, etc. We decided to take the handicapped room with a larger bathroom so we could at least do a sponge bath. She couldn't even answer if the bed linens were hypoallergenic. I unpacked and settled in because it was already midnight since this all took so long. Then I went in the bathroom and you could tell it hadn't been cleaned, toilet dirty, dirty wash clothes and the light didn't work. I called the front desk and she was completely helpless and said there was no one to fix the light and was unapologetic about the state of the bathroom. We definitely won't be staying at a Springhill Suites if this is the horrible quality we can expect.

Stayed: May 2015
Renee M, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh Monroeville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2015

I am terribly sorry that your request for a roll in shower room was not accomodated and the staff was not as responsive to the issue as they should have been. I appreciate your feedback on the problems that you encountered, and I intend to use this to train our employees on how to better serve our guests. Once again, I apologize for your inconveniences during your check in and stay.

Reviewed 20 April 2015

One of the things you come to expect from a Marriott property is the consistency you can find from property to property. This hotel was nothing special, but the price was good, it was close to my office in Monroeville, the bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean, the room was clean, they had nice Paul Mitchell bath products, and free breakfast.

The food is never anything special. And I will say the coffee was simply awful.

But overall it was all good and I have no real complaints. The lady who checked me in was friendly and helpful. And I was in and out quickly.

Room Tip: away from elevator
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2015

Stayed here with the family while coming through on a road trip. No reservation, able to give us a nice double bed room at very good price. Room was very clean, comfortable and accommodating for having 2 little ones. Breakfast was ok at best in the morning, a slight step above continental but not very fresh. Staff very friendly, would stay again in a similar situation.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2015

We needed a place to stay that would be right off the turnpike and also have options for places to eat. After some research we chose this hotel. The check in was easy, staff very friendly. We had a king room with a pull out sofa for our daughter. The room was clean - but we did not care for the layout with the sofa bed open. Once open you cannot access the door to leave the room or get to the desk or coffee pot area. The bed opens up to the dresser with the TV on it and you are blocked in. They should hang the TV on the wall and move the dresser to allow a walk-way. Bed was comfortable. You could hear a little traffic from the turn pike but that did not bother me at all. We didn't hear any noise from adjoining rooms which was nice. The breakfast in the morning had many options which was nice - including gluten free oatmeal which was a surprise for someone with celiacs who is used to not having any options other than an apple or yogurt at a hotel breakfast. Right off the main strip with all sorts of retail and restaurant options. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family