“OUTSTANDING BREAKFAST...POOR SHOWER!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 9 August 2017

This was a great hotel. Room was nice and clean...beds were comfortable and bedding was soft. The shower left a lot to be desired...it was awful. No pressure and no adjustable shower head...the water just dribbled down...not a very satisfying shower at all. BUT...the breakfast was outstanding...Bacon, nice and crispy...sausage links...nicely done! Eggs were weird but, as Meatloaf says "2 out of 3 ain't bad" Staff was extremely friendly and the lady taking care of the breakfast bar was very sweet! One thing we thought was strange...all the expected cable channels except MSNBC. We will stay here again, as we have family in the area...but will def tell them about the shower experience and hope for a better shower next time!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor...nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Trishan C, Front Desk Agent at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. We'll be working to change that 2/3 rating to a 3/3 while we review the issue you had encountered.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is a very comfortable, clean motel with a nice breakfast at a price that is not outrageous. One needs to be careful entering or leaving the entrance which is on a busy street, but if you're careful, no problem. Our stay was so enjoyable we booked a stay on our return trip

Stayed: August 2017

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete an online survey regarding your recent stay at our facility. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. We are so pleased everything was to your liking.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

The property is very clean and well maintained. The lobby is welcoming and beautiful. The breakfast area is a bit on the smaller size, but overall the hotel is small so it shouldn't be an issue most of the time; I think everyone decided to eat at the same time. The front desk staff were friendly, but when I wanted to purchase a beverage and request toothpaste, the woman working the desk was taking a nap, head down on the desk while sitting in a chair. My major complaint is the noise level within the rooms. I was on the second floor and I could hear the laundry area under me, the people walking in the room above me, and the people in the rooms next door. There was a problem with the air conditioning unit not staying on despite having the fan set to low instead of auto. The reason for keeping it on constantly was to drown out the noises from outside the room. Also when the unit wasn't running, a constant dripping noise could be heard. I contacted the front desk and they said they couldn't do anything about it since there were no rooms if our same type available.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Trishan C, Front Desk Agent at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I would like to apologize for the issue you had encountered. Our maintenance team has been advised and we will be working to have this issue resolved as soon as is possible.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

The hotel itself looks fairly new and the staff was very nice. There is very little signage so it is hard to find. I referred to the hotel as dangerous because of the entry/exit to the hotel parking lot. It is on a busy blvd. with traffic moving fast. Because of landscaping, you cannot see oncoming traffic until it is about 75' from you when trying to exit. I felt like I was taking my life in my hands. The landscaping includes a hill that is probably 15-20' high and it is just to the left of the exit. You just can't see around it. The hotel need to connect their parking lot with a lot that is next to them or behind them so that you have a second exit that could be use. As it is now, I would not be able to recommend this hotel to family or friends. I'm adding a photo of the exit but because of heavy rain, it is difficult to see the exit landscaping and view as exiting.

Room Tip: I'd suggest staying on the back side of the hotel. On the front side, traffic was noisy when tr...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Trishan C, Front Desk Agent at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered. We are aware that the exit/entry can be a bit tricky at times. We appreciate the suggestion you have brought forward and will be reviewing this as a possible solution.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again, once we have resolved this issue, so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

This is a newer hotel. It is in a very awkward location that if you are not driving slowly, you can easily miss the turn in to the lot. It is also a bit difficult to get out of the lot making a left turn...I felt like I was taking my life in my hands trying it, lol!

Unfortunately we got a room where the air conditioner did not work and it was about 90 degrees in the room even though the ac was set at 60 degrees when we arrived. We went out to dinner and when we returned it had not cooled down any. So we bought a heavy duty fan at the nearby Lowes. All it did was blow the hot air around. So we tried cold showers and even that didn't make the room tolerable.

So I called the front desk and they said that since they didn't have any maintenance person or know how to fix it personally we were out of luck. I asked if we could switch rooms and he said they were sold out for the night. I told him that I didn't know how we would be able to sleep and shared about the fan and cold showers. At that point, he said he would switch to another room and that he hoped it was clean. I thought they were sold out? Hmmm..

When we got to the new room the ac worked as it should and the room cooled quickly. However, it was obviously not cleaned thoroughly because there was a used bar of soap in the shower along with the partially empty containers of shampoo/conditioner. There was also a pea-sized drop of blood on the bed sheet that was turned back over the comforter.

The new room was decent sized but one of the beds was so close to the wall that it was almost impossible to get out of the bed on that side. Thankfully we had the sofa bed in the room so one of the people in my party used that to avoid trying to squeeze out of the bed into the tiny 6 inches of space between the bed and wall! LOL!

Breakfast was very nice for what they had. They had a really interesting coffee machine that served strong, mild, light blends, hot cocoa, and more. The waffle maker made 4 small round waffles instead of one large waffle. The fresh fruit was sealed in plastic. It was very clean and well stocked.

I may not stay there again next time I am in the area. The person seemed very annoyed about changing our room as well as even more annoyed at giving us linens for the sofa bed which is ridiculous.

Room Tip: Check out the heater/air cond. before you get settled in!!!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Trishan C, Front Desk Agent at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I can assure you that your experience is not characteristic of the Comfort Suites. We strive to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for each our guests. If there is any way that we can make this better, please don't hesitate to contact us.