“very bad experience”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Monroeville
Reviewed 6 July 2015

i went through booking.com and when we got there they would not let me pay in cash. I forgot my credit card at home and they refused to let me stay. I had never been to this town before and the girl at the front desk was very rude. she tried to call her manager, but she wasn't answering her phone. there wasn't no manager on duty the whole weekend! So I made her call a couple other hotels and luckily the red roof inn next door had a room for us. we drove for 3 hours and basically they told me they wouldn't take cash and i had nowhere to stay. will not ever come back to this place again. I should be given a free night's stay elsewhere at a comfort suites.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank mareid40
GeneralManager392, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2015

Good Afternoon,

First and foremost I would like to apologize for responding so late. I do wish we could have accommodated you for your stay. Unfortunately, our hotel policy is that we only take cash at check out. All guest would need a valid credit or debit card to check in and if the guest has booked on a third party he/she will need a valid credit or debit card to have on file for incidentals. I apologize for any inconvenience that had caused you, however I do hope that you will consider giving us a second chance to prove to you that we can provide you with excellent accommodations and great customer service. If you ever choose to do so, please feel free to contact me directly so I can be sure to help personally with all of you accommodations.

In The Spirit of Hospitality,
Lupita Rodriguez
412.373.0911

Reviewed 1 July 2015

This hotel is very small compared to most Comfort Suites I have stayed in. The elevator make awful noises when coming to a stop, so be prepared for that. The breakfast is just average and we only ate there 1 morning of our 5 night stay. The rooms are nice and have been updated, however, the A/C unit in the room is just barely enough to keep it cool. Overall, for the price I would stay there again. But it is just an average hotel. Also, this hotel only has down pillows and I am allergic, so I had to go buy my own pillows for the stay since they didn't have any fiber filled pillows that you could request.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank camlj62
Reviewed 25 June 2015

A very small but nice hotel. The front desk staff was always very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and the bedding very comfortable. Our room was directly across from the elevator, and I was afraid I would hear it all night, but our room was quite quiet. The elevator is a little scary: it shimmies and shutters when it stops. The breakfast was fine; your typical waffles, pastries... They had a brand new coffee maker that you could use any time of day or night. We would stay here again when visiting relatives.

Stayed: June 2015
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

I want to start by thanking Danesia on her gracious customer service this morning. After finding out the bride and groom were double booked at a different hotel the best man called around and finally comfort suites had availability and saved the night. I called in this morning to see if the bride and groom could have a late check out and if I could charge it to my card, not only did Danesia answer my questions for me but she waived the late check out fee and said they could stay until 1 or 2. To my family this woman changed a negative into a positive. Thank you girl! You'll be referred:)

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alrauch
Reviewed 7 June 2015

Stayed 2 nights. Hotel is fairly small and didn't seem very busy, based on few cars in parking lot and few people at breakfast.

Second morning, moments after getting in the shower, the hot water ran out.

Each morning, the breakfast area wasn't very busy with guests at all, yet the hot food items were mostly depleted and not replenished while I was there.

The air conditioner sends a stream of cold air straight up to the ceiling, across the room and down directly on your bed, The air needs to be diffused much better coming out of the air conditioner.

Lastly, not really the hotel's fault, but the guest in the room directly above me was using some sort of weights at midnight, causing banging on my ceiling, that lasted for a good 15 minutes.

Not up to Comfort Suites standards. I won't be coming back.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo