“A "Restless" Night” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Indiana
“A "Restless" Night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed at the Best Western in Milroy while traveling through the area. The room was clean and the bed comfortable but those were the only good points of the night. It was a long night of broken sleep. First of all the heating unit cycled on and off all night and was extremely loud and rattled. Doors banged in the hallway and were heard very easily in the room. The sound of children running and talking in the hallways carried into the room at 7 am. The lobby was small and the few tables available for breakfast were located right next to the entrance. It was not a very appealing setting for breakfast with cold air coming in through the door and people traveling through the lobby. Because of this this we decided to eat elsewhere. If I was traveling through this area again I would travel on to State College to stay the night.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lighthouseladysb
Will S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Nittany Inn Milroy, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Guest,

My name is Will Smith and I am the General Manager of the Nittany Inn Milroy. First off I apologize for the heating unit. They are on a green setting so it comes on and off depending on the temperature. The loud rattle is not normal and I understand your frustration with that. The walls are a little thin and doors slamming would be annoying to anyone. In regards to the children that is a frustration the hotel staff deals with frequently. We have plenty of guests such as yourself who are woken by children. With the local youth tournaments in the area we have some teams stay at our location on the weekends. The original design of the hotel does not allow us to provide breakfast in any other location. I appreciate you complimenting the room cleanliness and comfort. You have legitimate concerns however I hope you would give us a chance again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at BWMILROYGM@gmail.com with any questions or concerns.

Will Smith
Best Western
Nittany Inn Milroy
717.667.9595

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

We were dropping our daughter off at farm camp in Belleville. This hotel was the most convenient and also the best price (price included breakfast, pool, fitness, internet, and parking). I had investigated State College hotels but could not justify their price for this visit. There is really nothing in Milroy - it is in the country - occassionally we could hear the clip clop of Amish horse and buggies passing by. We ate at the Honey Creek Inn in Reedsville which was fine.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Global_Nancy
Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

Nice, clean, standard highway motel. Free breakfast (cereal, waffles, etc). Outdoor pool. This motel is just what you want for an overnight on the road.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank kjff
Galloway, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2010

I was recently staying at the Milroy Best western for 4 nights with my teenage daughters basketball team for the Penn State Blue Chip Tourny (this hotel is only a half hour from Penn State with a terrific view on the way there). Will, our hotel manager was excellent and very accomodating to us and many other teams who stayed there. The hotel and its pool & picnic area were very clean! I highly recommend this place to anyone. Business or pleasure this is the place to stay. Kudos to Will and his staff for a terrific time had by all. You made what could have been a very long and tedious stay, a very comfortable and friendly environment. Thank you, JBell

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank JBell2017
jquinones70
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2010

Stayed at this hotel with my daughter for a cheerleading competition and I must say that the gentleman at the front desk was very kind and informative. He made sure I was comfortable and informed me of all the local resturants. The gentleman also informed me that it was a smoke free hotel and I really liked that. Once I got to my room I was very pleased to that it was very nice and clean. I would definetly stay at this hotel if I were ever to go back to milroy.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jquinones70
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milroy
8.2 km away
25.8 km away
Nittany Lion Inn
Nittany Lion Inn
#2 of 26 in State College

Been to BEST WESTERN Nittany Inn Milroy? Share your experiences!