“Rough around the edges”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mill Hall
Southampton, Pennsylvania
“Rough around the edges”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Stayed for one night taking my son to college. We only wanted a place to sleep so our expectation was met, but If I was staying there for any other reason I would have been disapointed. The pool water was green! I couldn't believe it. It was still summer but there was no way you could swim in a pool with emerald green water. The hotel looks worn down and in need of a good cleaning and remodeling. Not what I'm use to when staying at a comfort Inn. The continental breakfast was non exsistent. There wasn't anyone replacing the food as it was taken, so by the time I got to get something all that was left was cereal. The hotel was busy, and since there was a Perkins restaurant right in the hotel lobby I don't think the management cared too much about having the "Free" breakfast sufficiently filled. Next time I'll stay next door at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ohio
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We generally choose Comfort Inns. We have stayed at some really nice ones all over the country. The one in Lamar, PA. was horrible. I don't know what the rate is for certain days but the Comfort Inn web site says $129.00 for a room of our description. We were charged $177.00. I was told this after I ask after my credit card was swiped. We submitted to the price as we were tired and wanted to get off the road. I guess I could blame myself. But the price does not match the price on the web site. Then to make matters worse our AC unit squealed really loud at about 2am. We turned it off but then the room got hot. We turned the AC back on again ran good for a few minutes then squealed again. This went on for a few hours and left it off to get some sleep. We could of called the On Duty manager but we wanted to get sleep and not have to get up and move or wait on someone to fix it if there were no other rooms left. we were getting up at 5am. I told the manager the next morning he acted like he didn't really care, he didn't even offer a discount on the room which is usually standard at a decent hotel/motel. If I had known what kind of night we were going to have I would have walked out the night before. Rooms were somewhat dirt and the wi-fi was horrible. Don't Stay Here!

Room Tip: Check in early check the room out including the AC and complain, complain, complain if it is not wha...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank joejoe112

Travellers are raving about these Mill Hall hotels

Porterville, California
Reviewed 19 August 2011

located right on the Interstate 80 near Amish farming communities, they had a great hot/cold breakfast each morning with bacon, eggs, sausage gravy/biscuits, etc. We used a handicapped room because of my mother. Staff were very helpful/friendly...would stay here again. Only one negative...the night clerk wore pants that were sagging so bac that they showed 8 inches of underwear, and he was on a personal phone call and his language was something that no guest should have overheard.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 April 2011

This hotel has been under renovation for a long time. During my recent stay, I noticed that the breakfast area renovation was complete and I love it. I also enjoy the free popcorn and coffee/tea and newspaper provided at all times. Excellent value and comfort.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank collegemom009
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 January 2011

My husband and I ended up driving from the midwest to our home to NYC in a rental car when our flight got cancelled due to a snowstorm. We stayed here one night since it was right off of I80 and it was a good price.

Given what we paid, it wasn't awful but it was a pretty dumpy place. Our king bed was super soft and had a huge dent in the middle. My husband commented that it was like sleeping in a hammock. We both tried sleeping on opposite ends so we wouldn't roll into the middle of the bed (which did happen during the night). They need new beds!

The walls are also relatively thin so we heard the cranky child in the next room for quite a while as well. They can really use a facelift and the layout is very odd. We felt like we walked down a maze of long hallways to reach our room.

The staff was friendly but I wouldn't want to stay here again. We stayed at a different Comfort Inn the night before and that was SO much better despite the same price.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
39.7 km away
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#20 of 26 in State College

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!