“Room had fleas.”

Super 8 Mifflinville Near Bloomsburg
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mifflinville
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I stayed here one night at the last minute with my dogs whilst on a long road trip. The room was infested with fleas and my dogs spent the entire night biting and scratching at themselves for relief. Otherwise the room was clean and what you expect from a Super 8.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank ChiPhiPie

Reviewed 30 June 2011

I stayed in this motel for 2 nights with my husband and children. The cleaning staff does a very poor job. All they do is make beds and put new towels in, but they leave the floors filthy. My baby's hands, legs and feet became completely black after he crawled on the floor for a few minutes.
Also, it's more than 30 minutes away from Knoebles and it's not a pleasant drive. So if you are planning a trip to Knoebels, I would not recommend this motel.
The walls are very thin and you can hear everything going on in the next room. I heard the alarm next door go off at 5 am and I could hear the people showering and then leaving their room and starting the car.
The breakfast is adequate and they have free WiFi, other than that I wasn't impressed. Definitely wouldn't recommend it for families.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank familytraveler201115
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Stopped here on our way to Boston. Will definitely use this as a stopover in the future. Clean is number one for me and this hotel fits the bill.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 27 May 2011

My boyfriend and I specifically requested a non-smoking room as both of us are sensitive to cigarette smoke. We smelled smoke outside the door and somewhat inside the room, but when I looked outside, all of the rooms around us were non-smoking, and I could not pinpoint a source of cigarette odor. We decided that asking for another non-smoking room would be silly, since we were already in one, and just dealt with the smell for the evening. The next morning, us and the person in the room next to us were checking out at the same time. The smell of smoke was pouring out of his room. I approached him and asked if he had smoked in that room last night, pointing at the non-smoking sign. He said he had been staying there for five nights with PERMISSION from the owners to smoke. I apologized to him for the bother and went, absolutely livid, to the front desk to demand a refund. The girl behind the counter gave me a huge attitude. She told me that the entire experience was my fault for not bringing the smell of smoke to their attention the night prior. The hotel did not take responsibility for the fact that they had purposely placed us NEXT TO a smoking room that SAID NON-SMOKING. They said if I did not like the service their hotel was providing we could go somewhere else. I have had to pull teeth to get some respect from this company, since the hotel still refuses to acknowledge any wrongdoing. The people at the Super 8 customer service gave me the run-around and then some. After multiple phone-calls, I have finally been given $30 credit to stay at another Super 8. Joy. It certainly will not be this one.

Room Tip: Try the Pine Barn Inn
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lewisjennyl
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I stayed in room 209 there for four nights while inprocessing for the upcoming outage at SSES. The room was big and clean with a flat screen TV, fridge and microwave, and the nicest bathroom I've come across in a sub $50 room. I wasn't sure about what appeared upon arrival to be limited parking but everything worked out in that area. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mifflinville
27.0 km away
Pine Barn Inn
Pine Barn Inn
#2 of 6 in Danville
32.4 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Frackville (Pottsville)
2.7 km away
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 6 in Danville

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Mifflinville

Been to Super 8 Mifflinville Near Bloomsburg? Share your experiences!