All reviews cookies waffles room was clean hershey park nice size indoor pool road noise waffle maker free weights front desk staff exercise room living room hot breakfast microwave chain clerk college
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Bed bugs! Stayed here a bit over a month ago for work. Itched for the first couple of days and couldn't figure out why. Woke up one day with a dead bedbug next to my head. Wound up having to be late to work because I had to switch rooms. Then I had to was absolutely everything I could, spray what I couldn't down with alcohol. It was a nightmare. I've been traveling for work for over 3 years and I've never seen bedbugs till now. They refunded my boss's company card for the room for the night, but that doesn't do me any good.
Breakfast isn't your normal country inn breakfast either btw. It's kinda gross. The entire place isn't a "normal" country inn. Both rooms I stayed in were dingy and dirty, with broken light fixtures and shower rods. The hot tub...I had to think about it before I got in. Neither the hot tub nor the pool looked clean. Front desk staff was none too intelligent or eager to do much of anything but play on their phones. I'll think twice before I stay in another country inn.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
RadissonHotelGroup, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg West, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Thank you for writing a review and for your continued patronage. We apologize for the issues you've encountered at that time regarding the cleanliness of your room, the hotel facilities, the breakfast buffet and the service you received from our front desk staff. Please know that we are striving to keep good quality of service in all aspects which is indicative to our standards and these have been shared to our management for further improvements. We hope for another opportunity to make a more favorable impression in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

In town for a week for business, booked this hotel based on the rate and some of the reviews. Hotel doesn't live up to the standards of other Country Inn and Suites that I have stayed at.
First off, the positives
Large rooms, with plenty of work space to do work or to work out in my room after a day of training.
Clean hallways and common spaces
Comfortable beds
Friendly staff *for the most part*
AC/Heat system very quiet.
Negatives
Location Location Location. Nothing around. Hotel is next to a rental company and abandoned event space that is all boarded up. Also, the backside of the hotel is less than 50 yards from Route 15 which is a major highway going to Harrisburg Metro area.
Exercise Room - no free weights.
Pool - You can smell the chlorine out in the hallway by the elevator.
Wifi - spotty at times. Kept disconnecting at all times. Couldn't do any work on my work laptop due to connectivity issues.
Some of the staff - unprofessional. Sounded like one of the front desk staff was watching a Youtube during the afternoon as I passed by after my work day was done. Also, large gallon drinks of employee left out on counter behind the front desk clerk.
Thin walls - could hear the shower/toilet in the next room.

If I am in town for business or leisure, probably will look elsewhere if it costs me a little bit more.

Room Tip: get a room with even number. Odd room numbers are very close to Route 15 which is a major highway into the city.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2018

I chose here because of it been close yet far enough away from things, plus near the highway. I checked in a little after 3pm on Thursday, check in was quick and clerk was friendly. I had a lot of stuff to bring in, so grabbed a cart and started loading everything up. I had picked up some groceries for my stay so I didn't have to leave the room if I didn't want to. I get my room and open the door, get everything inside and take the cart back down.I go back to room, it seems clean enough and was very roomy. I however was disappointed that I had a very small fridge, I was not sure everything I purchased was going to fit. Luckily I was able to squeeze it all in. It sat on the end of the dresser so that took up space. The microwave was just as small,but adequate for what I needed, but was on the table/desk so that took up space for me to work. The bed was a nice size and comfortable. I proceeded to unpack and put away items. I turned the heat on as it was no on when I got into the room. The bathroom floor was all tile and cold, tub was nice, sink are kind of small and toilet was clean. Not a big closet area, the iron and ironing board takes up some of the space. There was a chair in the corner that was not comfortable at all and the desk/table chair wasn't great either. I ended up going to wal mart and purchasing a pillow for the chair and bath rugs for the bathroom while I was there. First night was good, all though a lot of traffic noise being as they so close to the highway, this didn't bother me to much as I am used to highway noise but might bother someone else. The heater was very loud when it would work, I had to keep turning the TV up to hear over it. The next day I worked on school stuff on my laptop, was not happy with the Wifi and not protected, so that made me a little worried. I went for breakfast, it wasn't anything to brag about. Although they need to warn people when something is spicy hot. The potatoes where unbelievably spicy!! I went back to my room, grabbed a cookie on the way. Lounged around the room most of the day, went down to the pool later that evening. As soon as walk in you smell chlorine, but I figured I check out the Jacuzzi, I turned it on and got in, it was ok but it was producing so much foam and bubbles I had to keep pushing away from me. I finally got out and dried off, I am glad I brought my own beach towels, because the ones they give poolside where cheap and flimsy. I made way back to my room, where I had another peaceful night. Saturday I went down for breakfast, was very displeased, kids screaming and running everywhere, people walking into you. The eggs tasted like rubber, sausage was just ok tasted like they had been frozen too long. The best thing I had there was the english muffins and cookies. I went back to my room and headed out to the store to pick up a couple things as they were calling for snow. Saturday night was not so peaceful, I had someone try to get in my room, because apparently they couldn't read the numbers, had people in the halls yelling and knocking loudly on doors. I finally got to sleep and slept ok, but not great. I got woke up by someone beating on a door across the hall and yelling it was breakfast time, really you couldn't of picked up a phone. Sunday I stayed around the room and didn't even go down for breakfast. It got quiet again Sunday night. Monday I didn't go down for breakfast again and just stayed around the room to early afternoon where I ventured out to go run some errands. Got back to the hotel and packed up some stuff and put in my car. Monday night restfully slept and checked on early Tuesday morning. The morning of my check the shower head sprayed water all over the bathroom because of how it was fastened on. I had only taken baths up this point, I had no maid service while there, which is fine because I was staying for 5 nights and didn't need anything really. I did let the clerk know about the wet towels in the tub due the shower mishap and checked out, I didn't bother to complain about anything because she was too busy reading a book and I just wanted out of there. If I had not been booked for 5 nights I may have considered moving to another hotel. For what I paid and this is supposed to be a higher end hotel, it sure didn't feel like it. The rooms could use a little updating too.

Room Tip: do not stay in the back rooms, you hear highway noise all night
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2018

We stayed in a suite room it had double beds and a pull out couch. There was 4 adults and 2 boys 7yrs and 11 yrs old. The pool chlorine was so strong that it faded the 11 yrs old swim trunks from navy blue color to a brown color. The poolside hot tub water was green color water. In the room the pillows were so flat that if you doubled them it was still barely enough pillow. The mattresses were so uncomfortable no one got much rest all were all woke up feeling bad, with all over body and back aches. No one feeling like starting the day rested and fresh. Everyone was grumpy!! One adult and child that used the pull-out couch had to put the very thin mattress on the floor to try and rest. His comment was," The mattress wasn't much thicker than the pillows." You can clearly hear people talking in the neighboring rooms, so I'm sure we were heard as well. We had to keep the thermostat set on 90 degrees to keep the room warm. Wasn't too warm anywhere in the hotel.

Room Tip: The mattresses and pillows need to be replaced.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Bill B, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg West, PA, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. The Country Inn & Suites Harrisburg West and the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group will work diligently to ensure any situation is fully investigated. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention.

Reviewed 6 February 2018