All reviews new hampshire scrambled eggs and sausage front desk handicapped room allow pets stay there again indoor pool and hot tub a pet friendly hotel close proximity desk staff parking lot breakfast area off the highway comfortable room car show a great stay fitness center
Reviewed 14 October 2017

My boyfriend and I were moving from New Orleans to Boston and had packed all of our stuff up on a 20' Penske truck. After 18 hours of driving, we decided to call it quits around 9am. We found reviews for this La Quinta in Mechanicsburg on Google Reviews and decided to turn in for some rest here. We walked in extremely tired and ready for bed, and the staff were very accommodating and understanding. There was a bed immediately available, and the new general manager, who was very helpful, even managed to get us a discounted rate on the room and early check-in. After treating ourselves to some complimentary breakfast, we headed upstairs to our room. The room was clean, neat, and everything was extremely comfortable. We were so grateful for such outstanding treatment. Thank you very much!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
CLARISSA P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mechanicsburg - Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thanks for your feedback! I’m pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at Mechanicsburg La Quinta. Our team looks forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

It’s our commitment to serve our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations. We’ll see you soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Rooms were clean. Indoor pool and hot tub available. Complementary breakfast was good. The staff was accommodating to refer you to the local restaurants and shop. The noise level was low. Rooms are spacious.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I booked a king suite, then was told when I arrived that the king suites were OVERBOOKED so they gave me a smaller room. They took $40 off the rate, but I was traveling with mother in law and needed the space, so not ok. Then they ran out of blankets for the sleeper sofa. But the kicker is that when I checked out, I forgot my wallet on the microwave. I know EXACTLY where I left it, but when I called back about three hours later to have them find it and send it to me, the staff claimed it was not there. So somebody on staff is $350+ richer, and I spent the day cancelling credit cards and ordering a new drivers license.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

I’ve received your review of La Quinta Mechanicsburg. Looks like we dropped the ball on meeting your expectations.

I appreciate your feedback; this is definitely not the experience we want you to have when staying with us! Your feedback will help us improve our operation.

Rest assured your comments will be shared with our team, and it’s through comments such as yours that we’re able to improve. Thanks again for your time, and hope we’ll see you back with us at La Quinta Inn and Suites once again.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We had a reservation here, but when we arrived they said they were "overbooked" (later found out it was a maintenance issue but that is neither here nor there) and no room for us, so they sent us to their sister hotel 12 (TWELEVE!!!!! miles away (so fun when you have two small kids and a dog and it's late at night and they have been in the car for hours). Management was rude and argumentative. Told me if we had arrived earlier we'd have a room, but basically we were late so we were screwed. Argued with me that they comped a night and did xyz - comping a night does not make up for the logistical difficulties this caused for us on our trip. Told me they didn't have a phone number for me (what is the point of giving one at the time of reservation if they can't find it to call you and tell you to go to a different hotel?). Wouldn't it make sense that if you have a room shortage, to OFFER people earlier in the day to go a different hotel and get a free night, rather than waiting for the LAST people to arrive late in the evening and basically saying they are SOL? Poor management and customer service. Miserable experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle K

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is situated in a beautiful area & must be relatively new cause e/thing was clean & super tight, no moldy corners or usual paint flaws or damaged caulking like most hotels, even really nice ones.
The fitness center was equipped w/ dumbbells unlike most hotels & I had the room all to myself, as usual.
Unfortunately the jets in the hot tub were broken but the sister who was runnin' things let me go & soak & it was DOPE. Super hot. The hotel room was HUGE & was so nice, I could've easily lived in there.
Lastly, the b/fast was really good & was open earlier than the scheduled time. I hope I get an opportunity to stay at this hotel in the future, highly recommended. A blessing to get to spend time here, PRAISE GOD! Be blessed!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank frankhamay
tilg2000, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mechanicsburg - Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017