“Outstanding Couples Getaway!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Waldorf, Maryland
“Outstanding Couples Getaway!!”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We Stayed Feb 18-20th at Pocono Palace. This was our first time at Cove Haven Resorts and I absolutely love the Palace.( I've read other reviews listed and I beg to differ) The service was wonderful start to finish. Upon booking we were assigned a vacation planner (Patty), who sent a thank you /reservation reminder card, and called to remind us of our stay the night before and to answer any remaining questions. At the Palace,check in was friendly and fast. Gail was absoluteley lovely! The outside of the building does nothing for the treasure inside! We stayed in the Champagne Tower and was absolutely in awe at how beautiful the room was,the heart shaped pool,& champagne glass hot tub, all wonderful. The housekeeping staff are very thorough,(do not let the nit pickers sway you away!!!) Our room had flat screen TVs ( if u want to watch TV).
The activities in the main building were fun, we really enjoyed the pool tables and mini golf. The food was just as awesome, I highly recommend going on Saturday so you can enjoy the strip steaks. The breakfast buffet was also very tasty and had something for everyone. We did not take advantage of the breakfast in bed option, because we loved the view of the lake in the morning sun. The resort is not cheesy or gimicky at all, this place was designed for couples to reconnect and get away from the everyday hustle and bustle of life. While on property the CXO offered a room tour of all the different types of rooms that are offered, and all have very different and unique features! If its in the budget I recommend going for one of the better rooms, you will NOT regret it!! Although, I will say, if you book one of the lower prices rooms, it is YOU that makes the difference ( pack your candles, wine and fun loving attitude, and a good time can be had just the same) The band was surprisingly good, and the comedian Saturday night was hilarious. One of the things I loved the most about the resort, is that you dress how you are comfortable, so dressing for dinner is not mandatory.
While there we also visited the Paradise Stream Property and the positive attitude continues to flow there as well.
Go -celebrate your love you will not regret it!

Room Tip: If its in the budget I recommend going for one of the better rooms, you will NOT regret it!! Althoug...
15 Thank Brightskin3
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
You are the reason we love what we do Brightskin3! Thank you for the amazing review and we hope you’ll be back to visit soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Kingston, New York
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stay here a couple times a year and our favorite room is the Fantasy Apple. We have stayed in most of them (champagne tower, garden of eden, etc.) but we love the Fantasy Apple with the fabulous design - fire place, glass floor that looks down in the swimming pool (absolutely amazing), the private deck overlooking the water...perfect! The food is wonderful and the service is outstanding.

Room Tip: Fantasy Apple is the best room! We love it!!!
4 Thank Colleen849
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thanks Colleen849!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I, along with two other couples planned a weekend getaway to relax and enjoy ourselves. Our time away was fantastic in every way except the Roman Towers rooms! We enjoyed the nightly entertainment, the CXO's games, volleyball, archery, roller skating, wine tasting and our dinner servers Joe & John! Everything outside the rooms was wonderful and we always enjoy spending quality time with our friends!

Now for the room.... We all had issues with our rooms from cigarette smoke, to not being able to control the room temperature. The ladies went out to CVS and purchased cleaning supplies and air freshner to hopefully "fix" the issues. I did notify the front desk of the over powering cigarette smell in our room, and they did send someone out to deodorize the room. For all of the nonsmokers, we know that cigarette smell/smoke never goes away, especially once it gets into furniture and carpets. The deodorizer helped, but only as bandaid. The white ceiling fan was also extremely nasty!

The biggest disappointment was the Champagne Tower tub. I was really looking forward to soaking in this jetted tub and relaxing with the hubby. After climbing into the tub myself with our bleach cleaner, I sprayed into the jets, the drain and scrubbed the entire tub myself. I filled the tub with hot water enough to cover the jets to allow water to soak the jets and clean out any old residue. This was something we all planned on doing anyway, but our original cleaning supplies our Lysol and Clorox wipes were not enough! I actually saw sludge come out of the jets!!! I was grossed out, but figured I could fix the problem with enough cleaning. It did not work after repeating this process a few times. When I thought the tub was ready to be used (on our second night there, of only two nights) I began to fill the tub. I noticed what I thought was a string in the drain as the tub filled and reached down to pull it. As I pulled the string, long strands of hair came out with it!!! I thought I was going to vomit in the tub. I had to go and bleach my fingers!!! Needless to say, we didn't relax in the Champagne Tower tub that we paid for!

This was our second visit to the Poconos. Our first visit was 10 years ago to the Cove Haven location when the resort was still under Ceasars. I don't remember any of these issues being a problem then and we stayed in the same type of room with the Champagne Tower tub. The overall look of the resort is dated and in need of renovation!

I am glad our friends were with us, because they made the trip worthwhile!!!

7 Thank Liv4tropicalsun
Liv4tropicalsun, my heart sank when I read about your Champagne Tower. Please know that we set ourselves to a high standard and this should of never happened. Please consider emailing me at PoconoResorts@starwoodhotels.com with your stay details.
long island ny
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I think it was very overpriced. The room was small...they have tiny TV's from the 80's. No internet in the room and it was down for 5 hours in the main building. The food was very good and the staff was all very friendly. They add gratuity to your bill and you know you feel obligated to tip them anyway. So it was an extra $100 for gratuities for 2 days!! (not counting what we left on the table) They could at least throw in a drink at dinner.

Room Tip: Do not pick the Fairmont..its a motel room with a heart shape tub.
5 Thank paulap7777
I’m sorry to hear this was your experience paulap7777. Most of our suites are very spacious. I encourage you to visit again and try a different style.
Northern NJ
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My hubby and I have been to Pocono Palace many times over the last few years. I recommend going for a quick getaway but if you go for one of the specialty weekends, you will really have a great time. We so very much enjoyed Halloween 2011 at the Palace where we, and mots of the resort's guests, attended the Witch's Ball in costume. And got to dance to one of our favorite bands, Wild Fire! The lobby was super decorated for the occasion and on Ball night - it was drenched in black lights, fog and eerie music. Upon entering the building we were greeted by a chainsaw carrying ogre and had to walk past coffins and ghosts and goblins! The staff was in costume the entire weekend and really set the tone for fun. Other activities over the weekend included a wonderful wine tasting hosted by Janice who will teach you the proper glasses to use for each wine and why some cheeses just don't go with some wines! Her 'cheese faces' are not to be missed!

We also went to the Palace for New Year's Eve to ring in 2012 and what a time we had! The Lobby was dominated by a 25' live Christmas Tree and beautiful stone wood burning fireplace where the manager, Phil, was snapping photos for couples. Dina and Stan, two of the CXO's took amazing care of everyone and made sure all had a great time - and I found out that Stan was a dance teacher is a former life and loves the West Coast Swing, who knew!! I'm hoping he will teach a class as a resort activity sometime in the future. Group du Jour was our band for the night. This is an amazingly talented and entertaining band and is our other favorite band at the resorts. Billy - you rock and we love your rendition of 'Smooth'! After a fun night of dancing we rang in the New Year with noise makers and confetti followed by a fabulous midnight buffet in the dining room. When we returned to our room, we found a bucket of Champagne on ice had been delivered for our enjoyment -thanks!!!

My favorite room at the Palace is the Roman Towers - just breathtakingly beautiful with tall ceilings, heart shaped pool and of course, 7' Champagne Glass Jacuzzi! My hubby's favorite room is the Fantasy Apple with a deck overlooking the river and skylight over the in-room pool. If you can stand to leave the room, you will enjoy hunting the property for the elusive teddy bear that is hidden somewhere on the grounds with clues to it's whereabouts given each day. The lucky couple who finds it is rewarded with a really nice prize - it was 2 resort robes the weekend we were there.

As I've stated in previous reviews here, the resort isn't going to appeal everyone - what resort does? It can use some sprucing up and I'd love to see a better selection for the breakfast in bed. But, if you need to get away from stress, away from the kids and reconnect with your significant other, you cannot beat any of the Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts. Live entertainment all weekend with live bands playing real instruments, comedians and a host of activities is not something I see offered anywhere else. If you have any problem with anything at the resort, call the desk and be assured they will fix it pronto!

We will be taking our Daughter and Son-in-law for a getaway at Cove Haven so they can have some special time together before he is deployed to Afghanistan next month. They are eagerly awaiting the trip. And even though this will be our 29th stay at the resort, I can't wait to check in too! Let's face it, you don't keep going back to a place that sucks, right?

Room Tip: Check out the virtual room tours on their website. I recommend any room with a pool, they are all ni...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LeslieZee
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you so much for this wonderful review LeslieZee! We love having you stay with us! I will be sure to share your review with the Team at Pocono Palace. And please thank your son-in-law for his service to our country! See you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalls Creek
18.8 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
10.7 km away
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
23.0 km away
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!