Pocono Palace Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Value Inn(East Stroudsburg)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Ridge Top Village at Shawnee(Shawnee on Delaware)
Average 3/5
  • Pool
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort(Shawnee on Delaware)
Very Good 4/5
Paramount Motel(Stroudsburg)
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
Days Inn East Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
Good 3.5/5
Depuy Townhouses(Shawnee on Delaware)
  • Pool
Pocono Inn At Water Gap(Delaware Water Gap)
2,111 results
All reviewsfantasy appleroman towersget awaychampagne towerforever loversour honeymoonbreakfast and dinnerping ponggift shoppaddle boatsprivate poolromantic getawayheart shaped poolyear anniversarymini golfan open mindoutdoor activities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stay here a couple times a year and our favorite room is the Fantasy Apple. We have stayed in most of them (champagne tower, garden of eden, etc.) but we love the Fantasy Apple with the fabulous design - fire place, glass floor that looks down in the swimming pool (absolutely amazing), the private deck overlooking the water...perfect! The food is wonderful and the service is outstanding.

Room Tip: Fantasy Apple is the best room! We love it!!!
4  Thank Colleen849
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thanks Colleen849!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I, along with two other couples planned a weekend getaway to relax and enjoy ourselves. Our time away was fantastic in every way except the Roman Towers rooms! We enjoyed the nightly entertainment, the CXO's games, volleyball, archery, roller skating, wine tasting and our dinner servers Joe & John! Everything outside the rooms was wonderful and we always enjoy spending quality time with our friends!

Now for the room.... We all had issues with our rooms from cigarette smoke, to not being able to control the room temperature. The ladies went out to CVS and purchased cleaning supplies and air freshner to hopefully "fix" the issues. I did notify the front desk of the over powering cigarette smell in our room, and they did send someone out to deodorize the room. For all of the nonsmokers, we know that cigarette smell/smoke never goes away, especially once it gets into furniture and carpets. The deodorizer helped, but only as bandaid. The white ceiling fan was also extremely nasty!

The biggest disappointment was the Champagne Tower tub. I was really looking forward to soaking in this jetted tub and relaxing with the hubby. After climbing into the tub myself with our bleach cleaner, I sprayed into the jets, the drain and scrubbed the entire tub myself. I filled the tub with hot water enough to cover the jets to allow water to soak the jets and clean out any old residue. This was something we all planned on doing anyway, but our original cleaning supplies our Lysol and Clorox wipes were not enough! I actually saw sludge come out of the jets!!! I was grossed out, but figured I could fix the problem with enough cleaning. It did not work after repeating this process a few times. When I thought the tub was ready to be used (on our second night there, of only two nights) I began to fill the tub. I noticed what I thought was a string in the drain as the tub filled and reached down to pull it. As I pulled the string, long strands of hair came out with it!!! I thought I was going to vomit in the tub. I had to go and bleach my fingers!!! Needless to say, we didn't relax in the Champagne Tower tub that we paid for!

This was our second visit to the Poconos. Our first visit was 10 years ago to the Cove Haven location when the resort was still under Ceasars. I don't remember any of these issues being a problem then and we stayed in the same type of room with the Champagne Tower tub. The overall look of the resort is dated and in need of renovation!

I am glad our friends were with us, because they made the trip worthwhile!!!

7  Thank Liv4tropicalsun

Liv4tropicalsun, my heart sank when I read about your Champagne Tower. Please know that we set ourselves to a high standard and this should of never happened. Please consider emailing me at PoconoResorts@starwoodhotels.com with your stay details.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I think it was very overpriced. The room was small...they have tiny TV's from the 80's. No internet in the room and it was down for 5 hours in the main building. The food was very good and the staff was all very friendly. They add gratuity to your bill and you know you feel obligated to tip them anyway. So it was an extra $100 for gratuities for 2 days!! (not counting what we left on the table) They could at least throw in a drink at dinner.

Room Tip: Do not pick the Fairmont..its a motel room with a heart shape tub.
5  Thank paulap7777

I’m sorry to hear this was your experience paulap7777. Most of our suites are very spacious. I encourage you to visit again and try a different style.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

My hubby and I have been to Pocono Palace many times over the last few years. I recommend going for a quick getaway but if you go for one of the specialty weekends, you will really have a great time. We so very much enjoyed Halloween 2011 at the Palace where we, and mots of the resort's guests, attended the Witch's Ball in costume. And got to dance to one of our favorite bands, Wild Fire! The lobby was super decorated for the occasion and on Ball night - it was drenched in black lights, fog and eerie music. Upon entering the building we were greeted by a chainsaw carrying ogre and had to walk past coffins and ghosts and goblins! The staff was in costume the entire weekend and really set the tone for fun. Other activities over the weekend included a wonderful wine tasting hosted by Janice who will teach you the proper glasses to use for each wine and why some cheeses just don't go with some wines! Her 'cheese faces' are not to be missed!

We also went to the Palace for New Year's Eve to ring in 2012 and what a time we had! The Lobby was dominated by a 25' live Christmas Tree and beautiful stone wood burning fireplace where the manager, Phil, was snapping photos for couples. Dina and Stan, two of the CXO's took amazing care of everyone and made sure all had a great time - and I found out that Stan was a dance teacher is a former life and loves the West Coast Swing, who knew!! I'm hoping he will teach a class as a resort activity sometime in the future. Group du Jour was our band for the night. This is an amazingly talented and entertaining band and is our other favorite band at the resorts. Billy - you rock and we love your rendition of 'Smooth'! After a fun night of dancing we rang in the New Year with noise makers and confetti followed by a fabulous midnight buffet in the dining room. When we returned to our room, we found a bucket of Champagne on ice had been delivered for our enjoyment -thanks!!!

My favorite room at the Palace is the Roman Towers - just breathtakingly beautiful with tall ceilings, heart shaped pool and of course, 7' Champagne Glass Jacuzzi! My hubby's favorite room is the Fantasy Apple with a deck overlooking the river and skylight over the in-room pool. If you can stand to leave the room, you will enjoy hunting the property for the elusive teddy bear that is hidden somewhere on the grounds with clues to it's whereabouts given each day. The lucky couple who finds it is rewarded with a really nice prize - it was 2 resort robes the weekend we were there.

As I've stated in previous reviews here, the resort isn't going to appeal everyone - what resort does? It can use some sprucing up and I'd love to see a better selection for the breakfast in bed. But, if you need to get away from stress, away from the kids and reconnect with your significant other, you cannot beat any of the Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts. Live entertainment all weekend with live bands playing real instruments, comedians and a host of activities is not something I see offered anywhere else. If you have any problem with anything at the resort, call the desk and be assured they will fix it pronto!

We will be taking our Daughter and Son-in-law for a getaway at Cove Haven so they can have some special time together before he is deployed to Afghanistan next month. They are eagerly awaiting the trip. And even though this will be our 29th stay at the resort, I can't wait to check in too! Let's face it, you don't keep going back to a place that sucks, right?

Room Tip: Check out the virtual room tours on their website. I recommend any room with a pool, they are all nice. Also ask for an upgrade when you check in, you never know!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeslieZee
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank you so much for this wonderful review LeslieZee! We love having you stay with us! I will be sure to share your review with the Team at Pocono Palace. And please thank your son-in-law for his service to our country! See you soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

We stayed last weekend at the resort, well we checked in on Sunday and left on Tuesday. First let me start by saying that I have read all the reviews on here. And I feel that most of them are pretty petty. But I’ve honestly never gone and stayed anywhere and went into my room looking for things to complain about. Most people who have a negative view of their rooms also stayed in the cheaper rooms. If you are going to this resort to watch TV, you sadly aren’t in touch with why this place was built. The rates are pricey, but when you consider the prices for dinner and entertainment (band, comedian, etc.) those costs would add up. They clearly have prices listed for ad ons, and I do think they are ridiculous, which is why we didn’t get any of them, we brought our own items. But again, it’s not like they hide costs from you.

We stayed in the Champagne Tower suite, and let me say that when we walked in the front door, the suite was absolutely amazing. Our room was very clean. Pillows were on the bed. Nothing short of amazing. We came with an open mind. We both work a lot and really needed a couple days to just enjoy each other, which we did =). The palace itself was also very clean everywhere we went. Our room did have flat screen TV’s in the living room and bedroom for those of you that care. Everything about our stay was magical; we decided that we will be making annual returns to the Poconos Palace.

The food the first night was fantastic, and breakfast in the morning was great as well. Portions are huge. For dinner you get bread, salad, soup, your main course and then desert. I figured for my wife and me to eat that dinner somewhere else would have cost us around $50. The 2nd night dinner wasn’t quite as good as the first night, but again big portions and it was in no way bad by any means. Service was top notch. Everyone was friendly. The mood is set with dim lighting at dinner time and every couple had their own table. The first night they had a band playing that started at 8 and ran till midnight. They sounded good and we enjoyed them. The 2nd night they had a dj and karaoke, then a comedian, followed by the newly wed not so newlywed game, and then the dj played till midnight. The dj was nice, and quite a few women had a great time singing in the nightclub. The comedian was absolutely terrible. He was in no way funny. He basically went around the room having couples introduce themselves, which was nice, it got people talking, but none of his blonde jokes were funny at all. From most reviews that I have read, they said the comedians were very good. Needless to say we were looking forward to being able to see a comedian on stage; it’s not something we get to do in our area. Then they did the newlywed game, which we were able to be a part of and let me say we had a great time with it, the other couples also seemed to really enjoy the game. Shortly after the game was finished we went back to our room.

The upstairs gaming area was nice. Plenty of pool tables, Ping-Pong tables some pinball machines and a few other games. They also have a small miniature golf course up there (9 holes), is it the best miniature golf course? No....but it didn’t cost anything and we had fun playing twice. We also really enjoyed playing on the shuffleboard table. It was a nice filler of your time in between the workouts in your room. =)

We definitely will be going back. We got an offer in our email for 50% off our suites for the nights we stayed which really made this a great value. But if you have ever stayed in a Jacuzzi room at the holiday inn, they run like $165/night. For little more you get lots of free activities (golf in summer time). Great breakfast and dinners, entertainment, and most rooms have not only a Jacuzzi but also your own personal pool.

The only thing that I wasn’t happy about was...we had a guy from the kitchen call us and wake us up at 8am for breakfast in bed, except we didn’t order breakfast in bed. After arguing with my wife on the phone for a minute or two, he just hung up. He could have apologized for the mishap. That’s the only negative I could say.

Room Tip: If you can afford to stay in the tower suites, do it! 4 levels to your room, massage table, fireplace, and pool was bigger than we thought it would be. We loved the room, not sure we would stay in any other as we fell in love with that suite. Most suites are located a short way from the main building (Palace), but it’s like a 30 sec drive and we stayed in one of the furthest suites from the main building.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank James K
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

LOVE to hear that you loved the Champagne Tower Suite! Thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you for your next annual visit.