“Go to the outlets and blast over to the ale house. ”
Review of Craft Ale House

Craft Ale House
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Limerick
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

I've been to hundreds of bars in my tenure as a partier and I have to say this is in my top three. First let's start with the amazing food. Not only does this place have an eclectic and amazing collection of beer on tap and bottles.. The food is unreal. They change things seasonally but also have some terrific staples such as the chicken tenders (love the Harissa), and don't you dare forget the fish and chips. Ugh I just made myself hungry. Do yourself a favor and visit this place ASAP. Atmosphere is clean and very stylish, they are really hitting on all cylinders.

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

Lots of beer choices. The cheese plate we "ok", the hamburger was good. We were disappointed with some of the food.

For example the special this day was "crab cakes", mostly filler, almost no crab. And had way to much cumin in it. Was not close to good and very expensive for a lousy dish.

Reviewed 18 July 2015

A number of years ago, we went to the Craft Ale House and it was very disappointing. Last night's visit was a whole different experience. The inside, where we sat, was warm and inviting. The outside, which was also busy, seemed comfortable and the tables were properly spaced. Our server was Adam, and he did a great job serving the three of us. The craft beers on tap are all written on the blackboard, and there was plenty from which to choose. They also had a very wide variety of bottled beers. For dinner, we decided to order a couple of appetizers (the Funky Farmhouse Mussels - absolutely the best we have ever eaten; and the crab stuffed avocado - tasty) and two pizzas (the Rib Eye and The Special - something like a hoagie). Everything was excellent. We will certainly be back much sooner than last.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Craft Ale House is one of our favorite restaurants. Their beer selection is absolutely incredible. The only disappointment about the bar service is that they offer beer only, no cocktails. They do offer soft-drinks. The food is creative and delicious. Their menu changes seasonally (or more frequently). The food is locally sourced, as well. My favorite item to order are the crab nachos (when they are on the menu). Yum! We have NEVER had bad service. The food is prepared in a reasonable amount of time. This is a place where you can bring your kids, but it is much better enjoyed on a date night, especially if there is live music that you'd like to sit back and enjoy listening to. The only issue I have is that you cannot make reservations, and the place is not large enough to accommodate all of their patrons. However, when we have been quoted an hour or longer wait, we have been know to stick around and wait for a table (unless we are with our sons) because we love this place so much.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

I was so disappointed the last time I visited. I had one of the worst meals I've ever been served. I ordered an entree of pork belly. It came along with the orderss of my husband and goddaughter. My husband's meal was fine, but my pork belly was inedible. It was huge (4 x 8) and two thirds of it was fat, just fat. My goddaughter had ordered fish and chips. They were inedible as well. The coating was soft, the fish inside was mushy, like they had been frozen, defrosted and then microwaved. It was horrific. I told our server, that said, well, I can't take it back. So, that was the last time we have dined at Craft Ale House, and will be the last. I don't ever pay someone to treat me this way. Never again will I be subjected to heart-stopping fat, and mushy, soggy fish & chips. This was inexcusable. The server's attitude just sealed the deal.Why would I subject myself to this when we have several better places to eat with just as awesome a beer selection, like The Butcher and Barkeep.

Been to Craft Ale House? Share your experiences!